These Chewy Peanut Butter Layer Bars are so delicious. It is essentially a 7 layer bar recipe, but made with peanut butter chips and peanut butter filled chocolate chips in the recipe. No matter what flavors you use on this particular recipe the results will always be this chewy caramel like cookie bar that everyone will want more of!
Today is my son Justin’s 31st birthday. It is hard to believe how many years have gone by since my first born son came into this world. I remember it being so hot that July 1985 summer! My boy arrived in this world 10 days late, but he was the best wait ever!
While Justin did mention he would love Banana Cream Pie for his birthday here on the blog, I didn’t make it. I know, bad mom! But, I do know that my mother made him a banana cream pie to celebrate his birthday a little earlier this month and I’m pretty certain he would love these bars too!
These bars are super simple. There is no mixing bowl involved. No flour (except for what is in the graham cracker), no eggs. But it still holds together magically!
There are 7 layers. butter, graham crackers, sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter chips, peanut butter filled chocolate chips, coconut and walnuts. Baked in a 350 oven for about 30 minutes, cool and score. You will finish cutting through when the cookies are cold.
For me, the best part of this cookie is the edges. They get all crispy and chewy like at the same time. I cut the edges off part of these bars because they got a little hard and um, well, I wanted to eat the edges. Ha! Well, little did I know that Grumpy was going to get into the box of bars after I went to bed and he ate most of them!
You definitely want to make these Chewy Peanut Butter Bars. Everyone will love you and they will probably fight over them too. Guaranteed.
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cuo melted unsalted butter
- 14 oz (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pkg. peanut butter chips chips
- 1 pkg. peanut butter filled chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees for glass dish). In a 13 x 9 inch baking pan melt butter in oven. Sprinkle crumbs over it. Mix together and press into pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs. Top evenly with remaining ingredients. Press down firmly. Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting.
The peanut butter filled chocolate chips I used were made by Nestle. If you can't find them, you can just use regular chocolate chips.
CHEWY PEANUT BUTTER LAYER BARS – PIN IT!