Fresh mango blended with coconut water, cream of coconut and lime juice make a puree that is perfect for making an icy cold refreshing Mango Rum Colada!
We are right in the midst of July and are having some steamy hot heat lately. The humidity has been so high that you break a sweat just sitting! All this heat had me craving something icy and cold. Something similiar to my recipe for Coconut Lime Rum Refresher, but not!
I had two gorgeous mangos and decided they would fit the bill for the beverage I wanted to make. I also had just enough Mango Rum Tortuga in my bottle that I could use to make this icy beverage with!
Slicing a mango is really easy. I just trim both sides of the mango stone, and score each half in three slices. You then put your fingers behind the skin and push out. The little cubes will pop up and will be easy to cut out with your knife!
I just blended everything up nice and smooth in my Magic Bullet then transferred my mango puree to a storage container. I used about half of my mango puree to make this drink and stored the rest for another recipe I had in mind! When you are ready to make the drink you just add your puree to the blender cup, add the mango rum, about 1 -1/2 to 2 cups of ice and blend! What comes out is an icy smoothie type beverage.
Probably the only thing that would have made this better in my eyes would be a little jalapeno. But then, I have a huge affection for jalapeno that not everybody has! I would definitely make this again though and maybe make a little jalapeno simple syrup to use in the puree. I think that would be divine! What would you do to change this recipe up?
- 2 fresh mangos, peeled and cubed
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 4 tablespoons cream of coconut
- 1-1/2 cups coconut water
- 1/2 cup mango rum
- 2 cups ice
- Add the cubed mango, lime juice, cream of coconut and coconut water to a blender cup and blend until smooth.
- Remove 1/2 puree from blender cup. Add to the remaining puree the mango rum and ice. Blend until smooth and icy. If too thick, add more ice.
- Store remaining mango puree for another use up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
- [img src=”https://www.grumpyshoneybunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/label-24-184×300.png” width=”184″ height=”300″ class=”alignleft size-medium” title=”label (24)”]
MANGO RUM COLADA – PIN IT!