Sweet Chili Tofu Salad made with Crispy tofu with a sweet chili sauce tossed with steamed baby bok choy and broccoli florets. Flavor and texture come together together for a delicious and easy to make meatless meal for any night of the week!
I love finding recipes that use crispy tofu. Grumpy will only eat tofu if I make it crispy. Any other way and he refuses to let his lips come near it! This recipe is also really easy to put together despite the fact the recipe itself looks long. It’s not hard, I promise.
Tofu is so easy to work with. It is terribly bland on its own though and needs help in the flavor department! To prep the tofu for this recipe, you do need to press it to draw out as much water as possible.
You can do this by slicing the tofu in half lengthwise then placing it between paper towels. I then set a heavy plate on top to help press the water out of the tofu.
Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, Rice Vinegar, Soy Sauce, Garlic & Ginger is what makes the delicious sauce that you will put on your finished product! If you haven’t figured it out by now, I really love my sweet heat!
Once you have the onions and tofu cooked in your skillet, you will pour that delicious sauce on top and simmer it a little bit until it has reduced some.
While the tofu is simmering, you will want to steam your bok choy and broccoli. I steam mine in my microwave steamer, it is just much easier to me than the stove top, however I’m sure that’s all just in my head!
Before steaming you will want to slice the baby bok choy into quarters and the broccoli should be cut into small flowerets.
Once steamed, you will divide the veggies up between 4 serving plates and then top with the tofu mixture.
A perfect meatless meal with protein, veggies and low carb! What is your favorite way to cook tofu?
- 1 (14-oz.) pkg. extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 2 heads baby bok choy, quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cut tofu in half horizontally; place halves on a paper towel-lined plate. Top with more paper towels and a plate; let stand 15 minutes. Cut tofu into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Steam broccoli and bok choy about 5-7 minutes, until crisp tender. You can use a microwave steamer with a little water or do this on the stove-top using a steamer basket.
- Combine flour and cornstarch in a bowl. Dredge tofu in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and cook tofu, turning until all sides are browned. Remove cooked tofu from pan. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and onion to pan; cook 4 minutes. Return tofu to pan and cook another minute. Stir together
- Combine chili sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in a bowl. Pour over top of tofu onion mixture and cook 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Serve tofu mixture over broccoli and bok choy.
SWEET CHILI TOFU SALAD – PIN IT