Cocoa powder and mini chocolate candies along with honey roasted almond slices come together in this Triple Chocolate Almond Biscotti recipe. Whether drizzled with chocolate or dipped , these are a delicious way to celebrate National Chocolate with Almonds day!
When I found out July 7th was National Chocolate with Almonds Day, I knew I had to make something with chocolate and almonds to share on my blog! Growing up, my favorite candy bar was the Mars Almond bar. Forget the snickers, while they were yummy, I loved almonds far more than I loved peanuts!
I also love biscotti. I love eating it and I love sharing it! Biscotti is a great cookie to make as a gift and give to a friend who loves coffee of tea along with a coffee/tea lover’s package! I’m well known to make biscotti as gifts for others!
Biscotti is so easy to make! There is no oil/butter or liquid. Only whole eggs, egg whites, and vanilla make up the “wet” part of the recipe. This can make it seem like the dough is too dry as you are combining the ingredients, but don’t worry, keep stirring it in and your dough will come together.
Usually near the end of stirring the dough I will turn it out onto a countertop and knead it together. You will then divide the dough in half and shape it into two logs, then flatten out to about 1/2 inch thick.
After it is baked, you let the logs cool about 15 minutes, then cut them into slices to pop back into the oven and bake a little longer.
Dipping the biscotti in some dark chocolate and sprinkling with a few more mini M&M’s is optional! Even though I am a coffee lover, I love to dip my biscotti in hot tea and if the biscotti is dipped in chocolate or plain, they are still pretty darn delicious.
Do you like your biscotti plain or decorated?
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup honey roasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup mini M&M’s
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together eggs, egg whites and vanilla extract. Gradually add egg mixture to flour mixture blending as well as possible. Toss almonds with M&M’s then add to flour mixture and blend just until combined.
- On a well floured surface roll dough into 2 logs, 2 inches in diameter. Place on a greased sheet pan and brush with beaten egg. Bake at 350 degrees until light golden brown, about 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool 15 minutes then cut into slices on the bias. Place slices back on baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven until toasted, about 15-20 minutes. Cool.
- If desired, melt 1/2 pound bar of dark chocolate according to package directions for melting chocolate. Dip end of biscotti in chocolate and set on parchment paper to cool. Decorate with mini M&M’s if desired.
- Biscotti can be stored in the freezer up to 1 month.
PIN IT – TRIPLE CHOCOLATE ALMOND BISCOTTI!