This Breakfast Bruschetta is far from being an appetizer! This hearty, full of flavor breakfast idea is so easy to make and great for a special weekend breakfast or brunch treat! The savory topping of eggs, bacon, cheese, and tomato and spinach saute are like heaven on your tastebuds! It is easy enough to make for a weekday meal, but special enough to be the star of your weekend brunch!
Sturdy enough to pick up and eat with your hands, this tasty treat is a great breakfast or brunch idea for weekend guests, baby shower, bridal showers, you name it! From the first bite you take, I promise you the texture and flavors will have your taste buds doing a happy dance!
Why I made Breakfast Bruschetta
This recipe for Breakfast Bruschetta was an entry into a brunch contest I did where readers submitted one of their favorite recipes for me to make. There were several entries for this contest and this breakfast idea was my very favorite one!
While I love my sweets, I always end up loving savory dishes more. This recipe had a freshness to it from the seasoned tomato and spinach topping. That factor, as well as the crispy bacon, was the winning part of this recipe for me. I will be forever grateful to my reader, whose name is Lisa, for submitting this to my contest!
What is Bruschetta?
Bruschetta is the bread part of your recipe. The bread is toasted before putting on your toppings.
Why do you toast the bread base for Bruschetta?
Bruschetta is meant to be a firm and crispy layer. It is toasted to give a sturdy layer for your toppings.
Can you make Breakfast Bruschetta Keto Friendly?
Absolutely! The only ingredient in this recipe that is not keto-friendly is the English muffin. You can easily substitute a slice of keto Bread with Almond Flour for Toasting. Make sure you slice a thick slice of bread and toast it well first. It may still be a little fragile due to the nature of keto bread, but you can do this!
Is Breakfast Bruschetta served hot or cold?
It all depends on what you are topping your bread or English muffin with. This particular recipe for bruschetta is best served hot. If you are serving a bruschetta with a sweet, uncooked topping, such as cheese and cold cuts, then it is fine to serve cold.
Tips for the best tasting Breakfast Bruschetta
- Use a hearty English muffin and toast it until golden brown
- Make sure your bacon is brown and crisp, not burnt, but not soggy either.
- Use the bacon fat to saute the vegetables that will top the English muffin
- Don’t overcook the scrambled eggs otherwise they will dry out when the Breakfast Bruschetta goes under the broiler
You may need
What’s new? Check out my Grumpy’s Honeybunch Store on Amazon! Thanks so much for being a part of Grumpy’s Honeybunch!
A good quality baking sheet is essential for making this Breakfast Bruschetta. This is a great meal to serve to a crowd on the weekend. You put all of the bruschettas in the oven at once, and they all come out hot at the same time! For this reason, you want a good-sized sheet pan to finish these off on! I love my Wilton Perfect Results No-Bake Cookie sheet, its large and has handles on the side that make it easy to grip!
Need to make breakfast bruschetta for just one?
Making brunch for a group of people? Sharing this recipe will not only impress but can be made all at once to pop in the oven and have ready at the same time. Try adding a fresh fruit salad or a glass of juice to complete the meal.
You can easily scale this recipe to feed one person. Use vegetables in it that are good for you such as spinach, tomatoes & red peppers, and nobody will care because the flavor will pop. This could be a way to get your kids to eat spinach!
Other recipes for breakfast that involve bacon!
Bacon is a wonderful thing and it is a big part of the reason this whole recipe works so well. We love our bacon and below are a few ways we love to enjoy it!
Bacon Maple Breakfast Rolls are not only yummy, but they are easy to make! The whole family will be gobbling these up in no time fast, so you may want to make a double batch.
Keto Cheese Puffs with Sweet Black Pepper Bacon are absolutely delicious. Make these a breakfast biscuit or an appetizer bite for your keto friends.
How about some Bacon Jam! Yeah, this sounds and looks incredibly delicious.
*If you made this Breakfast Bruschetta recipe, please give it a star rating*
A crispy english muffin with topped with a tomato/spinach bruschetta, scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese. This Breakfast Bruschetta is super flavorful and so simple to make!
- 3 whole englsh muffins, split
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 slices bacon, crispy fried
- 3 large eggs, scrambled
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- sweet hungarian paprika
- fresh basil chiffonade
To prepare the bruschetta topping:
- Break up the Crispy Bacon into 1/2" pieces.
- In a skillet heat the oil. Add spinach, bacon, garlic, sweet pepper, tomato, onions, and paprika. Saute until spinach is wilted. Remove spinach mixture and set aside.
- In the same skillet, scramble the eggs until just fluffy. Set aside. Toss the scrambled eggs with the crumbled bacon.
To assemble the Breakfast Bruschetta:
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and place the split muffins on the sheet. Place sheet in oven under broiler and broil until just toasty brown. Watch carefully so you don't burn the muffins.
- Remove from oven and assemble bruschetta. Put 2-3 Tablespoons of spinach mixture on each English Muffin then place 2 tablespoons of Scrambled Egg mixture on top of spinach. Sprinkle with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler (I used high setting) until the cheese is melted, about 1-2 minutes. Watch carefully, it is very easy to burn food under the broiler.
3 servings - 1 whole muffin equals 1 serving, 336 cal, 18g fat, 31g carb, 3g fiber, 16g protein.
Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335