Venison stew meat cooked to perfection with a generous amount of delicious spicy sweet asian sauce coating. Served beside a bed of scallion jasmine rice, this Spicy Asian Venison Bowl is just another along a long repertoire of recipes made with venison on my blog!
I’m always looking for ways to enjoy venison and to use our stew meat. I love my venison stew recipe, but I really do like to eat something other than stew with it. We have just a few packages of stew meat in our freezer and since we had just eaten stew last week, I wanted to come up with something else. I thought about the Bourbon Butter Venison Steak Tips but an Asian flair was my craving.
So, I got creative. I pulled out my ingredients I use for Asian recipes and decided to go with a jasmine rice that was tossed with scallion greens as the starch to go in the bowl with our meat. The result? Grumpy loved it. How do I know? Because he ate the leftovers! Yes. Grumpy is not a leftover eater, so when he ate the leftovers the next night, I knew this was a winner!
Grab your chopsticks, prep your sauce and get that rice a cookin’ because you are not going to want to let this recipe slip you by! No worries, if you are not a venison fan, beef will substitute just as well in this recipe!
- 1 lb venison stew meat
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease (or other cooking oil)
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 3 large cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black bean chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cook jasmine rice according to the package. Once completely cooked, toss with 2 tablespoons sliced green onion tops (the green part).
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together beef broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, fish sauce, brown sugar, and black bean chili sauce and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a hot skillet, add bacon grease or cooking oil, green onions and garlic. Saute 1 minute until garlic begins to brown. Add stew meat and stir-fry 4-5 minutes. Add sauce mixture and bring to a quick boil. Simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Serve with rice.
PIN Spicy Asian Venison Bowl