The flavor of roasted Florida strawberries combined with the smokiness of chipotle in this Roasted Strawberry Chipotle Sauce makes a delicious dipping sauce for a holiday platter full of roasted shrimp or to coat your slow cooker meatballs or kielbasa. This sauce would be delicious as a drizzle sauce on tacos or set out for dipping at bigger parties or make individual tasting spoons for smaller more intimate gatherings!
This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
The holidays have arrived and so has Florida Strawberry Season! When it gets cold out in New York, I know that I can still have fresh, delicious Florida Strawberries to cheer me up and get me through the winter! Not to mention they are available through the spring! I love the nutritious strawberry. It helps fuel your vitamin C with just 8 berries, and are virtually fat free. When I bite into a fresh strawberry I feel bright, refreshed, happy, and full of life! Isn’t it amazing how a simple fruit can make you feel so alive?
This time of year, the biggest thing on my mind is what can I make for an appetizer? I love appetizers. If I had a dime for every time I’ve said that phrase either in person or on my blog, I would be a rich woman! So, I am always looking for ways to make something a little unique or special for an appetizer.
Roast the strawberries!
I decided to take fresh Florida Strawberries and roast them to make a smoky, spicy dipping sauce for my roasted shrimp. I love the flavor and strawberry juice that accumulates as you roast your berries and thought it would match well with a little bit of a heat in a sauce to dip my roasted shrimp in.
Cook and blend the sauce!
Making this sauce was as easy as roasting the berries, then simmering the remaining ingredients on the stovetop with the strawberries for a short time.
Blend it all together!
After cooling for a little bit, I put it all in my nutribullet and blended it up until it was nice and smooth.
Roast your shrimp.
While my sauce was simmering I roasted my shrimp that I was going to serve with the sauce. Simply seasoned with a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, these took only about 6 minutes in the oven. Once cooled, I then put them in the refrigerator to keep cold.
Prepare to serve.
I love the little tasting spoons and I always use them for intimate gatherings with several appetizers on the menu.
Be sure to check out what other SundaySupper Tastemakers made with Florida Strawberries by visiting the links below!
- 1 quart fresh Florida Strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 1/3 cup low sugar ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar free strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with foil and place strawberries in a single layer. Use enough foil to fold up sides so the strawberry juice does not escape. Roast in oven until they start to caramelize, about 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to a medium sized sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add roasted strawberries and juice. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for about 20 minutes. Add the cilantro and puree in a food processor or blender.
- Balsamic Strawberry Brie Bites by Casa de Crews
- Roasted Strawberry Chipotle Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Savory Strawberry Crostini by Cooking Chat
- Strawberry Apple Salsa by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Strawberry Hummus by The Freshman Cook
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries by Desserts Required
- Classic Eton Mess by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fresh Strawberry Pie by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Goopy Goop – A Healthy Strawberry Sauce by Cricket’s Confections
- Strawberry Bundt Cake by Caroline’s Cooking
- Strawberry Layer Cake with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting by Family Around The Table
- Grilled Balsamic Strawberry & Chicken Kabobs by Books n’ Cooks
- Grilled Fish Topped with Strawberry Salsa by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spicy Strawberry BBQ Shredded Chicken by The Crumby Cupcake
- Strawberry and Arugula Pizza by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Strawberry Balsamic Brie Grilled Cheese by Authentically Candace
- Strawberry Almond Couscous by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Bread by An Appealing Plan
- Strawberry Bruschetta Side Salad by April Golightly
- Strawberry Coleslaw by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Pecan Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks