With a deep, dark chocolate flavor, these Chocolate Cupcakes with Bailey’s Irish Cream Frosting are a great way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! The cupcakes are so easy to put together and the frosting is out of this world delicious!
This year to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day I decided to doctor up my Chocolate Mayonnaise Cupcakes, frost with an Irish Cream Buttercream frosting and sprinkle with green and gold sugars. Simple, easy, delicious!
I started with Nanny’s Mayonnaise Cake recipe, substituted some Irish Cream Liquor for some of the water and made a dozen cupcakes.
Pin it! Chocolate Cupcakes with Bailey’s Irish Cream Frosting
A tender chocolate cupcake with a delicious spiked frosting!
For the Cupcakes
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 heaping tablespoons cocoa
- 3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Irish Cream Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cupcake pan with liners (24 cupcakes). Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. All at once, add the mayonnaise, water, Bailey's Irish Cream and vanilla. Mix with hand mixer until smooth. Using 1/4 cup measure, scoop batter into cupcake liners. Bake for approximately 20 -25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool.
- For the Frosting: In a medium bowl, blend together cream cheese, butter, and Bailey's. Gradually add powdered sugar, mixing well until it’s all well combined.
- This frosting will harden in the fridge, so plan to frost your cupcakes as soon as you are done making the frosting, If refrigerated, you will need to bring back to room temperature prior to frosting.