This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias Roasted Shrimp Enchiladas with Jalapeno Cream Sauce were made for this shop.
These creamy, cheesy enchiladas are made with shrimp that has been seasoned with Mexican flavors and roasted in the oven with peppers, onions, mushrooms, and LA MORENA® Sliced Jalapeno Peppers. The cheesy sauce has another kick of the Jalapeno Peppers in the sauce, along with a little of the brine from the pickled peppers.
When the boys were really young, I would make them a cheese enchilada that they absolutely loved. Back in that day, we ate a lot of vegetarian foods. Being raised by a vegetarian mom, it was something I would crave and still do actually! However, I also had a dad who was not vegetarian so I kind of had the best of both food worlds!
Now that the kids are grown, everyone’s taste buds have expanded and we all are fans of seafood. Especially when it is made with a ton of flavor like we have in these Roasted Shrimp Enchiladas!
Corn tortillas are the wrap of choice for these enchiladas however you can use flour tortillas in place of corn if you wish. We really love it with the corn though!
What really sets these enchiladas off though are the LA MORENA® Jalapeno Peppers. The flavor is absolutely out of this world and if you make this recipe, it will be essential that you use these peppers. They come whole or sliced. I bought the sliced and diced them up. You can do the same with the whole peppers also if you wish.
These enchiladas also won Grumpy over. I’m stoked because I heard him tell his dad when they were talking on the phone the other night about how rockin’ these were! For Grumpy to compliment enchiladas, that is a big accomplishment. He usually turns his nose up at anything enchilada.
This recipe is perfect for Lent!
Look for LA MORENA® products in your local Walmart. I found mine in the Hispanic foods aisle!
Delicious creamy and cheesy Roasted Shrimp Enchiladas make a perfect meal for Cinco de Mayo!
For the Shrimp Filling:
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup LA MORENA® Sliced Jalapenos, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon all purpose seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
for the Jalapeno Cream Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup LA MORENA® Sliced Jalapenos, diced
- 1/4 cup LA MORENA® Sliced Jalapeno brine
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 10 corn tortillas
- cooking spray
Make the Shrimp Filling
- Toss shrimp with 3/4 teaspoon all purpose seasoning, 3/4 teaspoon dried cumin, and 1 teaspoon chili powder. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil until hot. Add 1 cup chopped mushrooms, 1/4 cup diced onions, 12 cup diced red bell pepper, 1/2 cup La Morena Sliced Jalapenos, and 2 large garlic cloves. Cook about 7 minutes, until mushrooms have released their water and onions are translucent. Remove from skillet.
- Over medium high heat, add remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Add shrimp mixture to skillet and cook until shrimp are translucent, approximately 5-7 minutes.
Make the Jalapeno Cream Sauce
- In a large saucepan, melt the 2 tablespoons butter until bubbly. Whisk in the 2 tablespoons all purpose flour, salt and pepper, and cook while, constantly whisking for about 1 minute.
- Whisk in 1-3/4 cup chicken broth, 1/2 cup diced jalapenos and 1/4 cup jalapeno brine, and continue to whisk and cook over medium heat until bubbly and begins to thicken.
- Add 1 cup monterey jack cheese to cream sauce and whisk and stir until melted.
Fill and Bake the Enchiladas
- Fill each tortilla with shrimp filling.
- Roll and lay seam side down in 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Cover with Jalapeno Cream Sauce and Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cilantro if desired, and serve.
Serving Size2 tortillas
Amount Per Serving Calories 373Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 148mgSodium 1301mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 6gSugar 5gProtein 23g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.
Pin it! Roasted Shrimp Enchiladas with Cheesy Jalapeno Cream Sauce