These big fat Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies are chock full of semi-sweet chocolate chips and roasted salted pecans giving you that sweet, salty satisfaction.
Grumpy loves a big chewy cookie and I am always on the lookout for a chocolate chip cookie recipe that will stay chewy for more than a day. While these cookies still did not meet that requirement, they were delicious. If you like them chewy, then that will last for about a day. Otherwise, these cookies got quite crunchy after the first day. I think by day three, Grumpy stopped going to the cookie box. Thankfully by then, there was only one cookie left and I snuck it into his lunchbox the next day. When he came home, it was gone, so I am pretty sure he still ate it even though it was crunchy!
This recipe made a good 2 dozen cookies. I used my large cookie scoop which measures out about 1/4 cup of dough. After scooping the cookies onto the parchment paper lined cookie sheet, I flattened them so they weren’t a domed cookie ball. Maybe if I had baked these a little less time they would have stayed chewy. I’m not certain but I may give that a try because these cookies had great flavor.
Do you have a tried and true chewy cookie recipe? I would love to have you link me up in the comments so I can check the recipe out and give it a try for Grumpy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted salted pecan pieces
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
PIN IT! CHOCOLATE CHIP PECAN COOKIES