This Blueberry Tart with Almond Cream Filling is a baked puff pastry tart that is topped with an almond flavored cream cheese topping and fresh blueberries. It is one of the easiest, prettiest, and tastiest dessert recipes you could make for Mom on Mother’s Day!
Just because we are alone most of the time, doesn’t mean we don’t celebrate holidays. And, since I am the baker and cook that I am, I find nothing wrong with making my own special desserts for special occasions, like this Blueberry Tart!
Simple easy recipes with puff pastry sheets
Sometimes I just want a simple but delicious recipe. That is where Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets come into play. I knew I wanted to use my favorite fruit and create a Mother’s Day dessert that would be easy and delicious. That is how I came about making this Blueberry Tart!
There are so many things you can do with puff pastry besides dessert, like this Asparagus, Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Strudel. The possibilities are endless!
From appetizers to desserts you can create delicious food to serve at your holiday celebrations (think Memorial Day, bridal showers, baby showers).
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links.
What you need to make this Blueberry Tart
Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheet: It will need to be thawed before using.
Tips for making this tart recipe
- Make sure the puff pastry sheet is thawed and at room temperature for easy rolling.
- Score around the edges of the puff pastry with a knife and then pierce the tart with fork tines all over the tart. Don’t worry about doing too many tine marks, they only prevent your tart from puffing up all the way leaving room for your filing form into the tart.
Make this recipe your way
- Cook the blueberries on the stove with a little sugar to break them down and thicken them. Serve them over top of the blueberry tart instead of fresh berries.
- Substitute vanilla extract for almond extract and add 1 tbsp lemon juice to the cream cheese mixture.
- If you need to be sugar free, I recommend this brand. You use it at a 1:1 ratio.
- Substitute strawberries, blackberries, or raspberries for the blueberries. Or, use a mixture of your favorite berries.
- Reduced fat cream cheese and reduced fat milk can be substituted for the full fat versions in this recipe.
More Easy Dessert Recipes you may like
Cheesecake Parfait is another elegant looking and easy to make dessert. It is similar to this Blueberry Tart, but without the puff pastry!
Magic Pudding Dessert is a no bake chocolate treat with a surprising eclair layer!
Easy and Delicious Dessert Crepes is super easy and fun to make with the kids.
Homemade Strawberry Rhubarb Cake is a magical dessert that is a combination of two delicious fruits!
*If you made this Blueberry Tart with Almond Cream Filling, please give it a star rating*
- 1 Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheet, thawed
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1-8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries, washed and patted dry with paper towel
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place thawed pastry sheet on parchment lined large cookie sheet.
- Roll out pastry with pastry roller. Score edges of pastry with knife and prick pastry with fork tines all over top of the pastry to prevent a full puff.
- Whisk the egg white until foamy. Brush the egg white over the puff pastry dough.
- Bake the puff pastry for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- Make the almond cream:
- In a medium bowl with hand mixer, blend together cream cheese, granulated sugar, and 1 teaspoon almond extract. Set aside until puff pastry is finished baking and cooled.
- Spread almond cream over top of puff pastry. Sprinkle with blueberries and sliced almonds.
- Make drizzle by stirring together confectioners sugar, 1/2 teaspoon almond extract and milk. Drizzle over top of tart. Makes 12 servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 163Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 19mgSodium 71mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 20gProtein 2g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.