Packed full of flavor from basil, cilantro, and pistachios, this Homemade Pistachio Pesto is the perfect accompanyment for salads, sandwiches, and grilled chicken or fish!
I love regular pesto made with basil, pine nuts and parmesan cheese. However, the pistachios and cilantro added to make this Pistachio Pesto brings pesto to a whole new level for me! I literally at some of this right off a spoon.
I found the original recipe over at Saveur. While I followed their recipe to a T, I found that it was way too thick and causing my ninja processor to work too hard. Hence, I needed to make adjustments (which will be reflected in my recipe)
This is so easy to make. Measure out all of your ingredients, put them in a food processor and voila! You have Pistachio Pesto! You can serve this by tossing it into hot pasta, over grilled chicken or fish, in a grilled cheese sandwich (yum!) in a wrap, or in any place you might use any condiment! The freshness of this pesto can’t be beat. What ways would you enjoy your pesto?
- 1-1/2 cups fresh basil, packed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, packed
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 cup dry roasted, unsalted pistachios
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1-1/4 cup olive oil
- In food processor, add basil, cilantro, garlic, pistachios, lemon zest and juice, parmesan cheese. Pulse a 5-6 times, Gradually add olive oil and process until smooth.
Pin it! Homemade Pistachio Pesto