Sweet and Spicy Beef Kabobs recipe post was written as part of the Certified Angus Beef® brand influencer program in conjunction with Sunday Supper Movement. All opinions are my own.
These Sweet and Spicy Beef Kabobs have a little bit of sweet and a little bit of heat. If you ask me, that is the perfect combination in almost any recipe. Tender pieces of sirloin steak cubes soaked in a spicy sweet marinade, grilled with pineapple, sweet peppers, red onion and mushrooms. A delicious summertime meal!
I am so addicted to that sweet heat flavor (like you didn’t know, right?). More so with savory food rather than sweets. That is why these Sweet and Spicy Beef Kabobs are perfect to kill that sweet heat craving! I was browsing the Certified Angus Beef brand website and I came across a recipe for Grilled Hawaiian Beef Kabobs I immediately knew I was going to make kabobs with fresh pineapple. While I did not make their particular recipe, it inspired me to make my own with Asian flavors and a sweet heat slant to it.
The marinade is made with dark brown sugar, black bean chili sauce, lime juice, soy sauce, and fresh chopped cilantro. I used sirloin steak that I cubed and marinated for about 4 hours. You can also marinate the meat overnight if you wish.
I love the little bit of char that we got on the kabobs and everything cooked so perfectly!
Some tips to get the perfect beef kabob!
- Use a tender cut of meat. I like to use Certified Angus Beef® brand sirloin steak or tips.
- Use good skewers. Metal is great, but you can use wooden or bamboo skewers, just be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Use a marinade that will infuse flavor! After all, that is what a marinade is for. They usually consists of fat (oil), acid (citrus), and flavorings (your choice of herbs and spices)
What will your perfect beef kabob be? Leave me a comment to let me know what you like to combine and what your choice of a marinade would be!
Pin it! Sweet and Spicy Beef Kabobs!
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon black bean chili sauce
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 lb Certified Angus Beef ® top sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium fresh pineapple, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 8 oz package button mushrooms
- Whisk together the lime juice, soy sauce, black bean chili sauce, minced garlic and brown sugar.
- Add beef cubes to marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- If using bamboo kabob skewers, soak in water overnight. Assemble kabobs alternating meat and vegetables as desired.
- Preheat grill to medium high. Grill 4 to 8 minutes for medium rare or until meat is at desired doneness. Be sure to rotate kabobs on the grill frequently.