-Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Cupcakes are chocolate cake surrounding a fudgy, delicious peanut butter truffle filling and frosted with a luscious peanut butter frosting.
I love the fall season. The temperatures drop just enough during the day to make it comfortable. The colors of fall are gorgeous and the fall air makes me want to sit down on my deck and enjoy the season with a nice hot cup of coffee and a delicious, peanut butter truffle filled chocolate cupcake topped with a creamy peanut butter frosting!
Get inspired by chocolate and peanut butter truffle flavors!
I’m completely inspired to get in my kitchen in the fall. That inspiration includes consuming fall flavors on a regular basis! While baking these cupcakes, I enjoyed the International Delight® Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer in my coffee to help add to that inspiration and enjoy the creamy swirl of seasonal spice in my hot mug!
These chocolate peanut butter molten cupcakes are quite easy to make. I made the peanut butter truffle with some peanut butter flavored chips, some of the International Delight® REESE’S Peanut Butter Cup creamer with a little bit of heavy cream. Oh my, the truffle part alone was good enough to just eat by itself!
Once the truffle filling is chilled, it is then shaped into a ball before placing in the center of the cupcake batter. The cupcake batter is pretty special in its own right too! I used the International Delight® REESE’S Peanut Butter Cup creamer in the cake, along with coffee! The flavor is incredible and texture was spot on.
These cupcakes are frosted with a creamy peanut butter frosting then decorated them with some fall colored sugar crystals. They make a great side to your mid-morning or early afternoon cup of coffee! Hey, they even make a great after dinner dessert with your special cuppa!
Now, head on into your kitchen, make that steamy cup of coffee, flavor it with some International Delight® Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer and start baking 🙂
- 2 cups sugar
- 2-3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, chilled
- 1/2 cup International Delight® REESE'S Peanut Butter Cup
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter flavored chips
- 1/2 cup International Delight® REESE'S Peanut Butter Cup creamer
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2-1/2 cups confectioner sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons whipping cream
- Fall colored sugar crystals (optional)
- Over medium low heat in a small saucepan, combine creamer, whipping cream, and peanut butter flavored chips until smooth. Remove from heat and transfer to a small bowl to cool. Refrigerate until firm. Once firm, shape into 1/2 tablespoon sized balls. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake liners in cupcake pan.
- Sift together sugar through baking powder. Set aside.
- Whisk together oil, vanilla, buttermilk, coffee, creamer, and eggs until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and using a hand mixer, blend together until well combined.
- Place about 2 tablespoons batter in bottom of cupcake liner. Place peanut butter truffle in center of batter and top with more cupcake batter until cupcake well is about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until cupcake bounces back when touched slightly. Remove from oven and cool until ready to frost.
- While cupcakes are baking, prepare frosting. Cream together peanut butter, butter, confectioners sugar and whipping cream. Add the whipping cream 1 tablespoon at a time until frosting is of spreading/decorating consistency. Frost cupcakes and decorate with fall colored sugar crystals.