I love when you get combination of salty, crispy, creamy, and sweet all in one bite! These Crispy Prosciutto and Sage Endive Appetizers are exactly that! I guarantee they won’t last long on your appetizer tray, so make plenty of them! Made with creamy and delicious Joan of Arc® Goat Cheese, these appetizers are sure to be the star at your table.
With our low carb lifestyle, I was at a quandary as to what I would do to replace the cheese and cracker appetizers I love to serve over the holidays. Then, when shopping at Shop-Rite for my groceries last week, I came across some endive. I realized that this would be a neutral tasting vessel for whatever I wanted to fill it with!
I have a huge affection for browned butter, crispy fried sage, and crispy cooked prosciutto. When I saw the Joan of Arc Goat Cheese in the cheese case, I knew I was going to somehow combine these flavors together.
Check out my video to see just how easy these are to make!
The holidays are a very important time of year to many people. It is a time we use to be with our loved ones, share food, laughs, and reminice of old times! I love making it even more special with gorgeous and tasty bites of food!
What are some of your favorite ways to serve goat cheese for the holidays?
- 4 ounces Joan of Arc Goat Cheese (Traditional flavor)
- 4 slices prosciutto, diced
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh sage leaves
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Yacon Syrup
- 3 small heads of endive
- In large skillet over medium high heat, cook prosciutto until crispy. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, add butter and bring to a bubble. Add sage leaves and stir and cook until just browned. Do this quickly and over a lower heat so you don't burn your butter. Remove leaves and set aside on paper towel.
- Cut endive roots and remove leaves. Wash produce and pat dry. Assemble bites by placing crumbled goat cheese in boat. Drizzle with Yacon Syrup and top with crispy prosciutto and sage leaves. Serve.
If you don't have Yacon Syrup, you can drizzle with a little honey instead. I use the Yacon Syrup because it is a sugar free item that we can use on our diet.
You can find Joan of Arc Goat Cheese right in the Specialty Cheese section of your grocer!
Crispy Sage and Prosciutto Endive Appetizers – Pin it!