Potato Kielbasa Skillet Recipe is a complete meal in one dish, my favorite way to cook dinner! Skillet meals are easy and convenient, especially on weeknights when you are short on time and energy. This Potato Kielbasa Skillet Recipe made with Simply Potatoes®, is a perfect solution to your need for a delicious and satisfying meal on those nights!
With our low carb lifestyle, we don’t keep potatoes in the house too often. They tend to go bad before I actually can cook them all. However, Grumpy loves his potato and that is one thing he wants as a special treat. Happily, for us both, Simply Potatoes have given us a solution to that very problem and helped me to make our treat meal easier to put together on work nights.
With just two of us in the house, I want the freshest food for our meals. Simply Potatoes come fresh, never frozen, and go from farm to fridge, to fork! It’s easy to just open the bag and cook. Much less mess than peeling and dicing on my own!
I start by putting the diced potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and microwaving on high for about 5 minutes. While the potatoes are precooking, you will saute your onion and Kielbasa in your skillet with some butter and mix up your mustard sauce. Once the potatoes come out of the microwave you toss them with the kielbasa mixture, add the sauce and simmer for about 10-15 more minutes, until potatoes are cooked through.
At the very end, you toss in the fresh spinach and cook until it wilts, about 2-3 minutes more. The spinach may seem like too much when you put it in the skillet, but I assure you, it will wilt up and then seem like it’s not much at all!
This recipe makes enough to serve 6 people. Since there are only two of us in the house, this particular recipe makes it easy for us to have an awesome dinner one night and have leftovers for lunch the next day!
We were very satisfied with this meal and it will now be in our rotation on a potato night!
So what are you waiting for? Print the recipe below and let me know how you liked it!
Pin it! Potato Kielbasa Skillet!
For the Potatoes:
- 1-20 ounce package Simply Potatoes® Diced Potatoes
- 1/3 cup water
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Truvia Brown Sugar (or 4 Tablespoons regular brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced thyme
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- Place diced potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and add water. Cover and microwave for 5 minutes.
- While potatoes are in the microwave, Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a large hot skillet, add butter, turn heat down to medium high, and melt until hot and bubbly, being careful not to burn. Add onion, kielbasa, and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes until onion is translucent and kielbasa begins to brown. Remove potatoes from microwave and drain any remaining water. Add potatoes to the skillet and cook until potatoes are completely cooked through, about 10 more minutes. Add sauce to potato mixture and toss to coat evenly. Add spinach, cover skillet with a lid and let simmer for 2 minutes, until spinach has wilted, tossing once or twice during the cooking time. Serve.
- I highly recommend using a large skillet. When you add the spinach, you are going to need the room.
- Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.
Serving Size:1/6th of recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276 Total Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 568mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 8g