My preferred way of cooking these is definitely the air fryer. While baking these in the oven will cook more of them at one time, the air fryer cuts the time down considerably and they also brown nicer. They will taste the same no matter what way you cook them, however, so if you only have an oven, then never fear. These will still be delicious!
I loved the little meaty bites of heat that came through with the chorizo and jalapeno peppers. The dipping sauce has chipotle powder as one of the ingredients. This sour cream based sauce lends a “cool” bite that totally complimented the heat!
These Chorizo Jalapeno Potato Puffs will be your new appetizer or side dish, ready in a breeze!! Give them a try this season 🙂
For potato puffs
- 1-24 ounce package Simply Potatoes
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ounces Chorizo slices, diced
For Chipotle Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- chopped fresh cilantro to garnish
- Place potatoes in large mixing bowl. Stir in cheese, jalapeno pepper, chorizo, and eggs until well combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop (about 1 tablespoon) place balls of potato mixture on cookie tray. To bake in regular oven, cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Be sure cookie tray is well oiled. To cook in air fryer, place on cookie tray accessory for air fryer and cook for 10 minutes, until potato puffs are nicely browned. Serve with chipotle sour cream and cilantro for garnish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 puffs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 86mg Sodium: 327mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 10g
Pin it! Chorizo Jalapeno Potato Puffs!