This post is sponsored by the Certified Angus Beef ® brand in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own. #BestAngusBeef #SteakHolder #CertifiedAngusBeef
Braised Beef Short Ribs make a super flavorful and fun appetizer for the holidays, be it Christmas or New Year’s celebrations! The tender, beefy flavor of the Certified Angus Beef ® brand short ribs is complemented by the deep, dark, sweet chili flavor of the sauce in this appetizer. All of this brought together makes this appetizer absolutely mouthwatering!
Why I made short rib appetizers
Short Ribs were always something I would love to eat out, but never had made at home. I would drool over photos from fellow food bloggers who were making short ribs and think that I would need to buy some and just make them.
Once I tried them, I realized I was completely wrong in thinking these were difficult! These ribs were so easy to make and they are a perfect appetizer for your party or a delicious and satisfying main course. Whichever way you decide to go, you won’t regret it, I promise!
I wanted to do the sweet heat factor with these ribs, however, because I have been following the Keto diet quite strictly myself, I didn’t want to use sugar. Normally, I would probably have put brown sugar in the glaze but for this recipe, I decided to try using all natural Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate link). I did not notice an aftertaste of any kind and Grumpy never even realized I used a sugar free sweetener! (affiliate link)
I have several beautiful heads of garlic that my dad and mom harvested this year and I wanted to go with a really garlicky flavor in addition to that sweet heat. You will cut the whole head in half and then put it face down in the skillet when browning the short ribs. Searing the heads of garlic adds to that flavor and the cloves soften and cook during the braising process.
The most essential ingredient in this recipe, however, is the beef! I always go with the best Angus beef – Certified Angus Beef. Without hesitation, it is the only beef that I will buy. The higher amount of marbling in the beef not only makes the beef tender and juicy, but it gives incredible flavor to the meat! You can’t ask for better than that!
Grumpy and I can be just as happy with a steak cooked on the grill with salt and pepper, and that flavor truly stands out! However, we aren’t against dressing it up some, especially during the holidays! That is where these Sweet Chili Braised Beef Short Ribs came into the picture. If you are looking for a super tender, juicy, and full of flavor appetizer for your holiday party that will make your guests feel special, then give this recipe a try this season!
Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links for products used in making this recipe.
Pin it! Sweet Chili Braised Beef Short Ribs!
- 8 whole |Certified Angus Beef ® brand Short Ribs
- 1 large head garlic, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground chili paste
- 2 tablespoons Monkfruit granulated sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Salt and pepper the ribs. Set aside. Heat large cast iron skillet over medium heat until hot. Add butter and swirl in pan until melted. Carefully add short ribs and place garlic in pan, cut sides down. Sear ribs on all sides until browned.
- Deglaze pan with beef broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer for two minutes. Add monkfruit sweetener, chili paste, balsamic vinegar and stir to combine. Return ribs and garlic to pan, cover with lid, and place in oven.
- Cook for 2 hours. Reduce heat to 325, remove lid, and cook one more hour. Remove from oven and let sit at least 20 minutes. Serve as a meal or cut pieces of beef into bite sized pieces and serve as appetizer bites.
Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 short rib
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 24mg Sodium: 149mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 0g Protein: 6g