This post is sponsored by the Certified Angus Beef ® brand in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own. Low Carb Cabbage Rolls were created for this post. #BestAngusBeef #SteakHolder #CertifiedAngusBeef
Low Carb Cabbage Rolls are an updated version of mom’s best comfort food with a spicy twist! These cabbage rolls have a ground beef filling that is combined with riced cauliflower and flavored with cheddar cheese and and a little jalapeno for a slight heat factor. A mouthwatering meal almost like your mom’s but still just as satisfying and comforting!
Cabbage Rolls bring back childhood memories and a lot of comfort. Everytime I would make cabbage rolls on my own I would remember Mom making them at home for our family. This on it’s own would bring me comfort and warmth!
Since I eat Keto now, cabbage rolls had to take on a new form for me. Rice is out of the picture and in its place is the “new rice” called cauliflower! The beef in this recipe has to have great taste and for me that is Certified Angus Beef ® brand. Great tasting beef makes all the difference in a recipe!
While there is nothing wrong with a traditional cabbage roll flavor wise, I decided that since I am a huge jalapeno fan, that I had use that instead of a regular bell pepper. I think of these as a modernized, keto friendly recipe that I can be completely devour with no guilt!
Making cabbage rolls can be time consuming, but, once you give it a try, you will find it really isn’t that hard at all! Steaming the whole head of cabbage for a just few minutes will soften the cabbage leaves enough to make them easy to remove from the head as well as keep them sturdy enough for rolling.
Check out the store locator to see where you can purchase Certified Angus Beef!
Looking for more of the #BestAngusBeef? Be sure to join the Certified Angus Beef® brand Kitchen on Facebook where there is always something delicious happening!
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 pound ground beef
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large egg
- 8 large cabbage leaves
- 3-1/2 cups Low Carb Pasta Sauce (3 carbs per serving)
- Place large stock with water pot on medium high burner and bring to a boil. Core cabbage, and place in boiling water in stock pot. Cook for about 2 minutes. Remove cabbage head from water with tongs and run under cool water. Remove 7 outer leaves from head. Store remaining cabbage in refrigerator for another use. Remove the vein on bottom of cabbage leaf using a sharp knife (See photo). Set leaves aside.
- Over medium high heat, saute riced cauliflower, diced onion, minced garlic cloves, and jalapeno pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until softened. Remove from heat and let cool about 10 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cauliflower mixture, cheddar cheese, and egg with ground beef.
- Assemble cabbage roll by taking one leaf and placing a large scoop (approx 1/3 cup) ground meat mixture in center of cabbage leaf. Roll up to enclose meat folding sides of cabbage leaf in as you roll. Place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat with remaining 6 cabbage leaves.
- Top cabbage rolls with pasta sauce. Bake in oven 60 minutes. Makes seven servings.
Nutrition information calculated using my fitness pal. I used Rao's Pasta Sauce which is a lower carb sauce.
Calories: 353, Fat: 25 grams, Fiber: 3 grams, Carbs: 7 grams, Protein: 22 grams, Net Carbs: 4 grams
Pin it! Low Carb Cabbage Rolls!