This post is sponsored by Nestlé® Coffee-mate® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. Lemon Cheesecake Muffins were created by me for this post.
Lemon Cheesecake Muffins have that bright lemon flavor, are finely textured and lightweight, and completely delicious! Perfect with just a sprinkling of powdered sugar on top, these muffins make the perfect accompanyment to celebrate spring’s moments along with your hot cup of coffee and Coffee-mate® natural bliss® Honey creamer!
I don’t know about the rest of you, but the north-eastern part of the US is just recovering from a really nasty blizzard! The day of the blizzard our snow was wet and heavy, making the view gorgeous, but travel treacherous. I stayed home all day and didn’t even attempt to travel. The next day, we had already warmed back up to where the snow was starting to melt. I am so ready for spring and for winter to be over! For this reason, today I am sharing with you a spring inspired recipe that should make you feel happy and bright!
We spent early Saturday morning cleaning out our tremendously long driveway and cleaning the heavy wet snow off our deck. These muffins were whipped up right after that driveway cleanup was complete. While I call these muffins, make no mistake, these babies can be interpreted as dessert also! I added a light sprinkle of powdered sugar and lemon zest for that extra pop of lemon flavor for the finishing touch.
Let’s talk about this new Coffee-mate® natural bliss® Honey Cream and Honey Pecan creamer I found at in the dairy section in Walmart the other day. There is just a touch of honey and all natural pecan flavor derived from real pecans in this creamer. All natural goodness in your mug! I love how it complements these spring inspired muffins also.
The sugar content in the Coffee-mate creamer is reduced from 5 grams to 3 grams per serving. That made a perfect accompaniment to our morning. I loved the taste of a touch of honey in the creamer as I sipped. Honey and lemon are so perfect together, don’t you agree?
How many of you are ready for Spring to show its face? The first day of Spring is almost here, so grab your bowl, put your ingredients in place, brew that cup of coffee and enjoy it with some Coffee-mate® natural bliss® Honey Cream. Invite some guests over and get ready to impress them with your muffins and coffee creamer!
If you are like me, you are always on the lookout for delicious recipes. Be sure to click here for more spring recipe inspiration!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute (I used a Baking Blend)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup fine ground almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon Whey Protein Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray, or use a silicone muffin cup/pan.
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer, cream together butter and cream cheese. Add sugar cream together about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, blending until well combined. Add extract with last egg. Mixture will be very loose.
- Mix together in a separate bowl: salt, baking powder, almond flour, coconut flour, and whey protein. Add to wet mixture and mix using hand mixer for about 2-3 minutes. Batter will thicken as you mix. Once you are done mixing with the mixer, using a rubber scraper, fold batter over scraping the sides of the bowl to completely ensure batter is combined.
- Using a large (1/4 cup sized) scoop, place one scoop batter in each muffin cup. Do not overfill.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until tops are lightly browned and when toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely before removing from pan.
- To serve, sprinkle with a light sprinkling of confectioner's sugar (I use a sugar free version) and a sprinkling of lemon zest.
Don't overfill your muffin cups. If you put more than the 1/4 cup. Because these are grain free, your muffin will rise above the liner edge and spread out over the top rather than dome. I kind of found that out the hard way!
Net Carbs: 2g, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 1g
Serving Size:1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119 Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 1g
Lemon Cheesecake Muffins – Pin it!