This is our favorite cheesecake recipe ever. I’ve been making this recipe for over 18 years now and never ever has one piece gone to waste! That is saying a lot as Grumpy is not a huge fan of lemon, but he will actually request that I make this lemon curd swirl cheesecake recipe!
For this recipe, I make my own lemon curd. I love this stuff! The sweet tang is so delicious that I can just eat it by the spoonful! Lemon Curd is very simple with only 4 ingredients – Lemon Juice (and zest), butter, sugar, and eggs!
I love the bright citrus scent of the lemon. It literally makes you feel the sunshine! I believe this is the biggest reason citrus (lemons especially) is big in the spring. It invokes the feeling of sunshine, brightness, and life!
When the lemon curd is done I always top it with some plastic wrap to prevent a “skin” forming over top of the curd. Once it has cooled enough, I put it in the refrigerator to get cold. The curd thickens up more as it chills. It is perfect for swirling into this cheesecake!
The crust for this cake is a shortbread type crust and is very thin. I love this because I’m looking for cheesecake when I eat cheesecake, not the crust!
This recipe evokes the feeling of happiness, brightness, and hope. Not to mention the love. Making this a perfect recipe for your Easter table dessert. It is gorgeous too and everyone will be so impressed!
Don’t forget to Pin it!
Lemon Curd Swirl Cheesecake printable recipe below this photo!
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon ice water
- Cooking spray
- 3 (8-ounce) blocks fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup Lemon Curd
- Recipe for Lemon Curd:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 large lemons)
- 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk. Cook until sugar dissolves and mixture is light in color (about 3 minutes). Stir in lemon juice and butter; cook for 5 minutes or until mixture thinly coats the back of a spoon, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cool. Cover and chill (the mixture will thicken as it cools).
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Place 2/3 cup flour and 2 tablespoons sugar in a food processor; pulse 2 times or until combined. Add chilled butter; pulse 6 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. With processor on, slowly pour ice water through food chute, processing just until blended (do not allow dough to form a ball). Firmly press mixture into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325.
- Beat cheeses at high speed of a mixer until smooth. Add 1 3/4 cups sugar and the next 4 ingredients (1 3/4 cups sugar through salt); beat well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour the cheese mixture into prepared pan. Spoon mounds of Lemon Curd over filling, and swirl together using the tip of a knife. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cheesecake is almost set. Remove cheesecake from oven, and cool to room temperature. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours.
Nutrition Information Calculated using myfitnesspal. Please use your own discretion. Protein: 16g, Fiber: 0g, Carb: 41g.