This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Keto Coconut Curry Shrimp and Zoodles were made for this shop. #StartAHealthyRelationship #CollectiveBias
Keto Coconut Curry Shrimp and Zoodles have a homemade curry sauce that is smooth and creamy with just enough of that “sweet heat”, to make it absolutely irresistible! The nutty flavor comes from the MaraNatha Creamy No Stir Almond Butter that blended so well with the coconut and spice flavors!
Being on the Keto diet has been quite the learning experience. However, one thing that I love about Keto is almond butter is not off limits! As a matter of fact, it is used in a lot of Keto recipes!
This nut butter is super creamy and smooth and I love that it is no stir. It is a great snack time solution. Hook it up with a little celery as we do! It cures my craving for a creamy and crunchy treat at the same time. We absolutely love this high-quality natural and organic butter.
When it came to this Coconut Curry Shrimp and Zoodle recipe, Grumpy he couldn’t stop raving about it! He loved the sauce and even helped me out with taste testing as I was putting it together for this post to make sure it had just enough of everything. He said it had the perfect amount of heat, nut butter, and coconut flavor combination.
With all that delicious sauce you need some noodles. Zucchini noodles (aka zoodles) are the perfect compliment to this dish and we did not miss the pasta at all! You can find zoodles premade in the store, or if you have a spiralizer, you can make your own.
How do you keep your zucchini noodles from making your sauce watery?
Zucchini Noodles, aka Zoodles, release a lot of liquid when cooking and can get soggy. For this reason, I did not add them to my sauce to cook them. Rather, I microwaved mine in the steamer for about 3 minutes. This made them toothsome and more pasta-like. You can, however, cook them in a separate skillet for 3-4 minutes if you don’t have the means to steam, then do as I did and toss the sauce and noodles together in a bowl.
Pin Keto Coconut Curry Shrimp and Zoodles!
We love MaraNatha Nut Butters and hope you will too! Follow them on their social media channels!
Make Keto Coconut Curry Shrimp & Zoodles today!
Keto Coconut Curry Shrimp and Zoodles has a homemade curry sauce that is smooth and creamy with just enough of that "sweet heat", to make it absolutely irresistible! The nutty flavor comes from the MaraNatha Creamy No Stir Almond Butter that blended so well with the coconut and spice flavors!
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup MaraNatha Creamy No Stir Almond Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups Zucchini Noodles
- slivered almonds (garnish)
- fresh cilantro (garnish)
- fresh lime slices to squeeze juice over curry
- Whisk together coconut milk, chicken broth, almond butter over medium heat until smooth. Add red pepper flakes through fresh ginger and bring to a low simmer. Simmer for 7-10 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Toss shrimp with 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, salt and pepper. Heat coconut oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp until pink, about 4-5 minutes depending on size of shrimp. Remove from heat and add to peanut sauce.
- In microwave safe steamer, add zoodles and cook on high for 3 minutes. Drain and place zoodles in serving bowl. Alternatively, you can steam cook the zoodles on your stovetop in a large saucepan about 4-5 minutes, tossing every couple of minutes to evenly steam zoodles. Remove from saucepan using tongs and place in serving bowl.
- Toss shrimp and sauce mixture with zoodles. Garnish with slivered almonds, cilantro, and a little fresh squeezed lime juice if desired.
For Keto Diet: 11 net carbs per serving Nutrition information calculated via myfitnesspal and may not be 100% accurate, please use your own discretion.
Looking for a Keto Friendly dessert to serve up? How about Low Carb Lemon Thumbprints!