Keto Broccoli Salad is a low carb salad full of bacon and cheese with a touch of red bell and jalapeno pepper for that sweet heat touch. This easy to make
When eating Keto, it can be challenging to go to any gathering where it is potluck style. You don’t know what other people are putting in their recipes, unless you know them well and know what kind of diets they follow. This Broccoli S
This revised summertime favorite recipe cured my craving for Broccoli Salad as well as
Why did you add sweetener to your broccoli salad?
The original version of this recipe includes either cranberries or raisins as an ingredient. These ingredients add sweet to the salad. I add sugar-free sweetener to this recipe to replace the slight sweetness in the original recipe. Adding sweetener is optional.
The most time it takes to put this broccoli salad together is the time it takes to clean and chop your veggies. I have even been known to buy the pre-chopped veggies to make it even quicker to assemble.
Time Saving Tips for making Broccoli Salad
- To save time, buy pre-cut broccoli. You will still want to break the flowerets into smaller pieces but still makes it more convenient.
- Buy pre-shredded cheese. That’s right. I just said that!
HoweverI tend to still shred my own cheese. If you want to make it easier and lessdishes to wash though, it really is ok to buy pre-shredded!
- I cooked my own bacon, but to save even more time, you can buy pre-cooked bacon and just zap it in the microwave to crisp it up.
Why did you use Macadamia Nuts instead of Sunflower Seeds?
I know the original broccoli salad recipe calls for sunflower seeds. And, I do love them! However, because the Keto Diet is all about good fats and consuming a higher ratio of fat than protein or carbohydrates, I wanted to use a nut that is considered one of the better nuts to consume on Keto. Therefore, I used macadamia. Feel free to use Sunflower Seeds if that is what you wish. Your recipe will still be considered ketogenic.
How long can you store this salad?
I make this salad the day before we plan to eat it, or at least early the same day. By making it the night before you give the flavors time to blend together. Your broccoli in the salad will still be firm and crunchy the next day and does not get soggy. You can safely keep it in your refrigerator up to 5 days, should it last that long!
Pin to save the recipe for Keto Broccoli Salad!
Other delicious low carb recipes you may enjoy
Air Fryer Shishito Peppers - Keto RecipeContinue Reading
Best Ever Chef’s Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- 5 cups Broccoli Flowerets
- 1/2 cup medium Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup Jalapeno Pepper, diced
- 3 scallions, diced
- 8 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp Swerve or Stevia
- 1-1/2 ounces macadamia nuts, chopped
- Toss veggies, bacon, and cheese together. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, and Erythritol.
- Stir into broccoli salad mixture until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Net Carbs = 2
Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health need
Swerve Sweetener, Granular, 12 oz (Pack of 3)
Set 4 Pioneer Woman Colorful Bandana Kitchen Table Napkins
Sistema 1870 Klip It Collection Rectangle Food Storage Container, 236 Ounce
Le Cadeaux Rustique Salad Bowl, Cream
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 468mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 1g Protein: 8g