Easy Keto Pancakes made with almond flour, cream cheese, egg, and PB Fit Powder mixture came about because I wanted a recipe that did not have a strong egg flavor to them. I was amazed at how well these turned out and to me and I now can eat pancakes on the keto diet that do not taste eggy at all. Even Grumpy enjoyed these pancakes and he is known as the Pancake King in our house!
To make this recipe you will need: almond flour, cream cheese, eggs, Swerve, PB Fit Powder, butter, baking powder, vanilla, and salt.
One of the things I have missed on the Keto diet is pancakes. This house used to be known as the “pancake house”. Grumpy would request pancakes every single weekend! I tried a few recipes but found that they just were too eggy for my taste and I needed to remedy that if at all possible
One of the foods I had a hard time eating after I had weight loss surgery was eggs. Maybe it was because it was the first solid food I tried after surgery and I was not able to eat them. It took several years before I could actually eat an egg again and now I prefer them scrambled or in an omelet. So, it makes sense that if something is really eggy to me I have difficulty eating it. I had no problem eating these pancakes!
One thing I did discover with Keto pancakes is that they are fragile. Because you want them golden brown and not burnt, you need to cook them on low heat, slowly, so they don’t give you a hard time when you need to flip them over!
When it comes time to flip them, you still will need to do so carefully as there is no flour in the recipe to stiffen them up like regular pancakes. For this reason, I didn’t make more than three pancakes and when I put the batter in my pan, I used a tablespoon and spread them out a little also.
I love that gorgeous stack of pancakes! They are not as thick as regular pancakes, but they still were incredibly delicious! I served these with Lankato Maple Syrup (affiliate link). This syrup is a great substitute for real maple syrup and keto friendly. It has amazing maple flavor, and it smells like the real thing!
Make sure to Pin Keto Pancakes – Low Carb Recipe!
My take away tips for the perfect Keto Pancake:
- Once the batter has been mixed together, let it sit on the counter for about 5 minutes. This allows the batter to “rise” and gain volume from the addition of baking powder.
- Cook the pancake in a small volume over low heat to prevent burning and allow the batter to cook evenly before flipping.
- Serve with softened, salted butter and Lankato Maple Syrup!
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp peanut butter fit powder
- 1 tbsp granulated Swerve
- 1/8 tsp dash salt
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- Blend together cream cheese, eggs, and vanilla extract with a whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, PB Fit powder, swerve, salt and baking powder. Add to egg mixture and stir until dry ingredients are well incorporated.
- Set batter aside for about 5 minutes. The batter will rise and thicken.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Once hot, turn heat down to medium low and spoon a tablespoon of batter into skillet spreading slightly with spoon.
- Cook slowly, carefully flipping pancake over when batter begins to bubble on top and bottom is browned.
- Cook another 30 seconds or so, then remove from skillet and serve with your choice of keto friendly toppings!
Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.
Swerve Sweetener, Granular, 12 oz (Pack of 3)
Bob's Red Mill Super-Fine Gluten Free Almond Flour, 3 Pound
Lakanto Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Syrup, 1 Net Carb (Maple Syrup, 13 oz)
PBfit- All-Natural Peanut Butter Powder 15 oz, Peanut Butter Powder from Real Roasted Pressed Peanuts, Low in Fat High in Protein, Natural Ingredients
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/3 recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226 Total Fat: 19g Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 2g Protein: 9g