Grilled Chicken Artichoke Mushroom Pizza is a great way to cut the carbs and still enjoy “pizza!” Full of good for you fats, protein and flavor, you won’t even miss the pizza crust. Portobello mushroom caps make the perfect vessel for a pizza and cooking it on your pizza stone on the grill makes it super easy and quick!
This recipe was created in partnership with CK Mondavi and Family. All opinions are my own.
This quick and easy filling is made with cooked chicken, marinated artichokes, a blend of cheese and spices!
Cooking this summer has been a real challenge for me. Since we are in the midst of a complete kitchen renovation and I literally have NO kitchen, the grill has become my very best friend! You realize just how much you can actually do with a grill when you have no choice but to use it!
When I found out that CK Mondavi and Family wanted their ambassadors to make grilled pizzas this month I had several different emotions floating around. I love pizza but really, the only thing I make for myself to eat anymore is Keto.
I didn’t want to mess with a keto crust on the grill. for several reasons, number one being I have no sink to wash dishes in! Grilling a crust was going to be time consuming and I couldn’t guarantee there would be no failure. No time for that!
I went with the next best thing. A large portobello mushroom cap. It’s not always easy to find them in the stores here, but I had seen them recently so I made sure to grab a few packages the next time I was out shopping.
When thinking about pairing a wine with these mushrooms, I decided to go with CK Mondavi and Family’s Cabernet Sauvignon. This rich and velvety blend was a perfect match with these meaty, earthy and cheesy portobello mushroom pizzas!
I thought the combination of marinated artichokes, cheese, and those tasty little sweety peppers would be the perfect topping and I wasn’t wrong! You could also use diced cherry tomatoes if you don’t like peppers.
However, that said, these mushrooms are only 6 net carbs per serving and one serving is two mushroom caps! You will definitely not leave the table unsatisfied with this recipe and you will feel good that you haven’t carb loaded also!
About CK Mondavi Wines
As most of my readers are aware, I am a long time fan of CK Mondavi and Family Wines. When I go to the stores, I always look for their bottles. It is my first pick, affordable and tasty, you cannot go wrong. Watch the video below to learn more about CK Mondavi and Family! You also can find CK Mondavi in your area using this store locator!
I highly recommend you print out the recipe below, or pin it to save for later and try this out paired with some Cabernet Sauvignon. Take a photo and enter your perfect pairing to CK Mondavi and Family’s Pair & Post for a chance at a prize! Details on their Pair & Post page! OR if you have your own perfect pairing, go ahead and post that also!
Follow CK Mondavi and Family on their social media channels!
Be sure to print the Grilled Chicken Artichoke Mushroom Pizza Recipe below!
More perfect parings to try!
Low Carb Cheesecake Fruit Dip paired with Chardonnay
Roasted Turkey Breast with Balsamic Browned Butter Artichokes paired with Chardonnay
Grilled Reuben Burgers paired with Merlot
Nanny’s Sugar Cookies with Orange Moscato Frosting paired with Moscato
For the filling:
- 3 oz roasted chicken, diced
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
For the Mushroom Pizza Base:
- 4-6 large portobello mushroom caps, clean with stems and gills removed
- avocado oil
- Pre-heat grill on high heat with pizza stone lightly coated with avocado oil.
- Cream together cream cheese, butter, chives, rosemary, and garlic. Add asiago cheese and 1/2 of mozzarella cheese. Stir in chicken and artichoke hearts.
- Wipe mushroom caps clean with damp paper towel and remove stems. Scrape out gills with spoon.
- Divide filling evenly between mushroom caps. Top mushroom caps with remaining 1 ounce mozzarella cheese, diced artichoke hearts and sweety peppers.
- Place mushrooms on pizza stone on hot grill (temp should remain around 450 degrees). Lower grill lid and grill for 15 minutes or until filling is bubbly and mushrooms have begun to release juices.
- Cool at least 10 minutes prior to serving - mushrooms will be very hot!
- Pair with a glass of CK Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon!
Net Carbs = 4
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 mushrooms
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 60mg Sodium: 326mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 10g