This recipe for Grilled Chicken Artichoke Mushroom Pizza was created in partnership with CK Mondavi and Family. All opinions are my own.
Grilled Chicken Artichoke Mushroom Pizza is a great way to cut the carbs and still enjoy “pizza!” Full of good for you fats, protein and flavor, you won’t even miss the pizza crust. Portobello mushroom caps make the perfect vessel for a pizza and cooking it on your pizza stone on the grill makes it super easy and quick!
This quick and easy filling is made with cooked chicken, marinated artichokes, a blend of cheese and spices!
Grilling these Chicken Artichoke Portobello Pizzas!
Cooking this summer has been a real challenge for me. Since we are in the midst of a complete kitchen renovation and I literally have NO kitchen, the grill has become my very best friend! You realize just how much you can actually do with a grill when you have no choice but to use it!
When I found out that CK Mondavi and Family wanted their ambassadors to make grilled pizzas this month I had several different emotions floating around. I love pizza but really, the only thing I make for myself to eat anymore is Keto.
Keeping this recipe low carb with mushrooms
I didn’t want to mess with a keto crust on the grill. for several reasons, number one being I have no sink to wash dishes in! Grilling a crust was going to be time-consuming and I couldn’t guarantee there would be no failure. No time for that!
I went with the next best thing. A large portobello mushroom cap. It’s not always easy to find them in the stores here, but I had seen them recently so I made sure to grab a few packages the next time I was out shopping.
Pairing wine with Grilled Chicken Artichoke Mushroom Pizzas
When thinking about pairing wine with these mushrooms, I decided to go with CK Mondavi and Family’s Cabernet Sauvignon. This rich and velvety blend was a perfect match with these meaty, earthy and cheesy portobello mushroom pizzas!
I thought the combination of marinated artichokes, cheese, and those tasty little sweety peppers would be the perfect topping and I wasn’t wrong! You could also use diced cherry tomatoes if you don’t like peppers.
However, that said, these mushrooms are only 6 net carbs per serving and one serving is two mushroom caps! You will definitely not leave the table unsatisfied with this recipe and you will feel good that you haven’t carb-loaded also!
About CK Mondavi Wines
As most of my readers are aware, I am a long time fan of CK Mondavi and Family Wines. When I go to the stores, I always look for their bottles. It is my first pick, affordable and tasty, you cannot go wrong. Watch the video below to learn more about CK Mondavi and Family! You also can find CK Mondavi in your area using this store locator!
I highly recommend you print out the recipe below or pin it to save for later and try this out paired with some Cabernet Sauvignon. Take a photo and enter your perfect pairing to CK Mondavi and Family’s Pair & Post for a chance at a prize! Details on their Pair & Post page! OR if you have your own perfect pairing, go ahead and post that also!
Follow CK Mondavi and Family on their social media channels!
More perfect parings to try!
- Low Carb Cheesecake Fruit Dip paired with Chardonnay
- Roasted Turkey Breast with Balsamic Browned Butter Artichokes paired with Chardonnay
- Grilled Reuben Burgers paired with Merlot
- Nanny’s Sugar Cookies with Orange Moscato Frosting paired with Moscato
*If you made these Grilled Chicken Artichoke Pizzas, please give them a star rating*
Grilled Chicken Artichoke Mushroom Pizza is a great way to cut the carbs and still enjoy “pizza!” Full of good for you fats, protein and flavor, you won’t even miss the pizza crust.
For the filling:
- 3 oz roasted chicken, diced
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped (plus more for topping)
- Sweety peppers for topping (optional)
For the Mushroom Pizza Base:
- 4-6 large portobello mushroom caps, clean with stems and gills removed
- avocado oil
- Preheat the grill on high heat with pizza stone lightly coated with avocado oil.
- Cream together cream cheese, butter, chives, rosemary, and garlic. Add the Asiago cheese and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Stir in chicken and artichoke hearts.
- Wipe mushroom caps clean with a damp paper towel and remove stems. Scrape out gills with a spoon.
- Divide filling evenly between mushroom caps. Top mushroom caps with remaining 1-ounce mozzarella cheese, diced artichoke hearts, and sweety peppers.
- Place mushrooms on a pizza stone on a hot grill (temp should remain around 450 degrees). Lower grill lid and grill for 15 minutes or until filling is bubbly and mushrooms have begun to release juices.
- Cool at least 10 minutes prior to serving - mushrooms will be very hot!
Net Carbs = 4
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size2 mushrooms
Amount Per Serving Calories 274Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 60mgSodium 326mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 10g
Nutrition information provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.