The Ultimate Burger Bowl post is sponsored by the Certified Angus Beef ® brand in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
The Ultimate Burger Bowl is chock full of flavor and perfect for your low carb friends! Made juicy and delicious with Certified Angus Beef ® brand ground beef, cheddar cheese, seasoned with a little chili, cumin, and homemade salsa in the mix! If Mexican flavors are your thing then you will love this recipe!
I have made the Ultimate Burger Bowl multiple times already this season! The first time I didn’t put cheese on my burger because I thought it wouldn’t need it with cheese being in the burger mix. The second time I decided to put a small slice of cheddar on top before it came off the grill and that’s the way we have been eating it ever since!
This recipe is so full of flavor that it is hard to stop eating! The homemade salsa has two places in this recipe and leftovers can be used as dip for your guests enjoy with tortilla chips if you must! This fresh salsa helps add more moisture and flavor to your grilled burger. It is also so very addicting!
The best part of this recipe is the beef! You all know by now that I am a big beef fan and of course, when I buy beef, I buy what is the best angus beef on the market! That for me would be Certified Angus Beef ® brand! I like to buy the 80/20 ration when buying ground beef for grilling. I want moist burgers, and as a Keto diet follower, I want the added fat in my burger. There are other ratios you can use, but the 80/20 is my preference.
To grill perfectly tender burgers, the one thing you do not want to do is over mix your beef. If you are going to do mix ins like I did, you want to not overwork it! A moist, juicy burger is what makes your burger bowl the ultimate!
Where can you buy the best angus beef? It’s easy using this store locator!
I usually buy my beef pre packed at my local Price Chopper. When buying that way it is averages about 1.33lb in a package. I get 4 good sized burgers out of this, as well as a little “tasting burger” for taste testing! Anytime I want less than that, the butchers at the meat case are always more than happy to perfectly portion your ground beef for you. Just be sure to tell them you want the Certified Angus Beef!
The next thing that makes your burger an ultimate burger bowl is grilling! To me, a burger cooked on the grill add so much flavor. Of course, its still excellent if you can’t grill it, but hey, it is summer time and the grill should be your mainstay!
The worst thing you can do is dry your burger out by overcooking it. Be sure to keep an instant read thermometer handy and when the internal temp reaches 160 degrees it is time to pull them off the grill.
What makes the Ultimate Burger Bowl?
When I was discussing my “ultimate burger bowl” with Grumpy, the one thing he kept saying was, “pork belly.” You have to put pork belly in your bowl because that is the perfect accompanyment to beef! Of course, if you don’t have access to pork belly, you can always use thick cut bacon!
I love spicy Mexican flavors so I had to do the fresh salsa alongside the burger even though I put it in the mix too! A fresh avocado half ads more of that great much needed fat in the keto diet. If you feel like splurging more, you could add a fried egg with a nice runny yolk seeping down into the bowl of deliciousness!
It’s time for you grilling this summer with the best angus beef on the market and make this Ultimate Burger Bowl! Whether for yourselves or a gathering, it will be appreciated by all!
Tips for making the Ultimate Burger Bowl!
- Use Certified Angus Beef ® brand 80/20 mix for great flavor and moisture.
- Make your own homemade salsa with fresh ingredients as an add in to the burger.
- Add some crispy texture with thick cut crispy fried bacon or pork belly.
- Add creamy texture with avocado and optional soft fried egg.
- Don’t overcook that burger!
Pin the Ultimate Burger Bowl on Pinterest!
For the Salsa
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
For the Burgers
- 1.33 lb Certified Angus Beef brand 80/20 ground beef
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp homemade salsa
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 ounces thinly sliced sharp cheddar cheese, optional (for topping burgers)
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 2 avocados, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup pork belly, crispy cooked
- 2 tablespoons homemade salsa
- 1 serving your favorite salad dressing
To make salsa:
- Toss together diced tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, garlic, salt, lime juice and apple cider vinegar. Set aside in refrigerator until ready to use.
To make the burgers
- Gently mix together ground beef, cheddar cheese, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Shape into 4 equal patties.
- Preheat grill until hot. I make sure mine is at 450 degrees before adding my burgers. Cover grill and reduce heat to medium low. Cook about 4 min. Turn and cook another 6 -10 minutes until desired doneness. Your internal temperature should at least be 160 degrees. Add cheese slices the last minute of grilling (if desired).
Create the Ultimate Burger Bowl (Serving suggestions)
- Place a base of lettuce in your bowl (about 1 cup - 2 cups depending on your preferred amount of greens).
- Place burger off to the side of the bowl. Arrange pork belly (or thick cut crispy bacon) next to the burger. Add more salsa and avocado. Drizzle with your favorite dressing. Serve.
Nutrition information is for the grilled burger only. Additions you make should be taken into consideration.
Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 523 Total Fat: 44g Carbohydrates: 1g Protein: 36g