Matcha Cheesecake Fat Bombs are my new favorite way to boost my fats and if you love Matcha, then you are going to love these too! With 22 grams of fat and only 3 net carbs, these slightly sweet little bites are perfect to add fat to your diet!
You will need Swerve Confectioner’s, Cream Cheese, Matcha Tea Powder, Coconut, and Vanilla to make this recipe.
Sometimes I find myself struggling to fall in line with the high fat end of the Keto diet and to be honest with you, the word fat bomb just did not turn me on at all. It sounded like something I really wasn’t interested in eating. That is, until I found out what it was and why I should be eating it!
What is a Fat Bomb?
Fat Bombs are a snack that helps you add healthy fats to your diet and satisfy your hunger. Think of it as “Keto Candy” that you should eat in moderation. Fat bombs are far better for you because they don’t have sugar, are made with healthy for you ingredients and give you that feeling of satisfaction and fullness.
Sometimes it can be really hard to meet the macros for fat on the Keto Diet and a fat bomb will help you up the fat without it being high protein or high carbohydrate. There are savory and sweet fat bomb recipes on the web and there are a ton of different flavor combinations to choose from.
Believe it or not, I had never tried Matcha until recently. I don’t know why it took me so long to try it, but I’m finally on the Matcha train! As soon as I opened the packet of tea powder, the aroma hit me and it was very pleasant! I was anxious to give a cup a try! As I was drinking my tea I was thinking of how others have made desserts with Matcha and got to thinking, why not a fat bomb?
This recipe is as simple as setting your cream cheese out and bringing it to room temp, then adding the remaining ingredients, scoop into balls and rolling in some unsweetened coconut flakes tinted with a little bit of Matcha Tea Powder! I promise you, your going to love the flavor and satisfaction you get from 1 or 2 of these for a snack!
Looking for some more fat bomb recipes to add to your diet? Then be sure to check out these tried and true recipes I have made below!
Peanut Butter and Jam Cups from All Day I Dream about Food
Raspberry White Chocolate Cups – recipe on Perry’s Plate but is a review post for Carolyn Ketchum’s Every Day Ketogenic Kitchen Cookbook.
- 2-1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 packet (1.5grams) Matcha Tea Powder
- 1/3 cup Swerve Powdered Sugar
- Measure 2 cups of coconut flakes and place in blender. Whiz until fine (about 6-7 pulses).
- Place cream cheese, 2 cups of ground coconut flakes, vanilla extract, 1 package of matcha tea powder, and 1/3 cup Swerve Powdered Sugar in mixing bowl.
- Using hand mixer, blend for 1-2 minutes or until combined.
- Place in refrigerator to allow cheese mixture to stiffen. About 30 minutes.
- Shape into 12 equal sized balls. Roll in remaining 1/2 cup coconut with 1/2 packet of Matcha Tea Powder combined.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator, up to 1 week.
Fat 22g, 3g Net Carbs, 3g Protein
Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.
Amount Per Serving Calories 234