This post and Halloween Monster Snack Mix recipe were created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I received samples from some of the sponsor companies, as always opinions are mine alone.
Halloween Monster Snack Mix is an easy treat to toss together for all your Halloween munchkins! They will love the monster eyed blobs, gummy Frankenstein hands, maple muddy buddies, chocolate coated nuts and goldfish cracker combo! The best part about this recipe is you can make it however you want and mix in anything you wish!
Be sure to scroll to the end of this post and ether the fabulous giveaway from our Sponsors!
When I first decided I was going to make this recipe I wasn’t exactly sure how I was going to execute it. I had all kinds of goodies on our island with no specific plan on exactly how I was going to put them together.
During one of our nightly dinner rituals (where I am cooking dinner and Grumpy’s at the bar chatting with me), he noticed the box of Corn Chex. He stated to me that he liked corn chex.
That was my hint to make sure he knew he wasn’t to touch that box nor anything else sitting on the island! I told him it was for my recipe I was going to make. Of course, after 11 years of food blogging, he now knows that means don’t touch it or pay the consequences!
Grumpy has his idea about how things should be done. His next comment to me was, I like Goldfish. How on earth do those fit into the picture? haha. That man wanted to snack on my ingredients! I told him I didn’t know for sure, but it was for my post so hands off.
Don’t worry, the man is not fading away or anything anytime soon. I keep him well fed. I just don’t allow him to eat ingredients. He has to eat recipes!
Grumpy also had his input on what I should make for a recipe. I indicated I was thinking about coating the Chex in a purple-tinted chocolate and tossing with powdered sugar muddie buddie style. That was not acceptable for Grumpy.
Instead, he stated I needed to coat them in dark chocolate and drizzle with white chocolate. That sounded much more like a Grumpy style than Halloween!
What I ended up doing making each component separately and then just layered the goodies together in a cool Wilton Trick or Treat box for gifting.
I dipped pretzels in orange candy coating and decorating with the Wilton eyeballs and candy corn ghost toppers, made the Muddie Buddie recipe, coated some nuts in melted chocolate, and tossed in some sprinkles, gummy hands, and goldfish crackers for good measure!
A mash up of your kids favorite treats decorated for Halloween! Think candy coated pretzels, Muddie Buddies, chocolate coated nuts, and goldfish!
- Waffle Pretzels
- Orange Candy Melts
- Wilton Candy Eyeballs
- Wilton Ghost and Candy Corn Toppers
- 6 cups chex cereal
- 2 cups maple (or vanilla) flavored chips
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Powdered Sugar
- Goldfish Crackers
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup cashews
- Sweets and Treats Halloween Sprinkles
- TreatStreet Gummy Hands
- Wilton Trick or Treat Boxes
!For the Pretzels
- Melt orange candy melts as per instructions.
- Dip pretzels and decorate with Wilton Candies.
!For the Chex Mix
- Melt white chips as per melting instructions on bag. Add coconut oil to chips when melting, stirring to combine.
- Place cereal in large mixing bowl and pour melted chips over top.
- Stir to coat.
- Place 1/2 the powdered sugar and Halloween Sprinkles in gallon sized ziploc bag.
- Place 1/2 cereal in bag and shake to coat.
- Remove from bag and spread out over large cookie sheet to dry.
- Repeat process with remaining cereal mix.
!For the Chocolate Covered Nuts
- Melt chocolate as per instructions on the bag.
- Stir in the cashews and peanuts.
- Spread mixture out over a large strip of aluminum foil and let dry.
- Once dried, break chocolate covered nuts up into smaller pieces
!To Assemble, layer as follows
- Chocolate covered nuts
- Muddie Buddies
- More Muddie Buddies
- Candy coated pretzels
- Gummy hands
- Hocus Pocus Spellbook Cookie Sandwiches from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Cupcakes from Pastry Chef Online
- Chocolate Spider Cheesecake Cheeseball from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Skeleton in the Grave Dirt Cups from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Super Spooky Graveyard Cake from I am a Honey Bee
- Halloween Mousse Ice Cream Cones from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Monster Snack Mix from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Royal Icing Eyeballs from Kudos Kitchen
- Black Chocolate Cupcakes Filled with Slime from The Baking Fairy
- The Crypt Keeper Cocktail from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Deviled Tea Eggs from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Jack-O-Lantern Cookies from The Redhead Baker
- Halloween Brownies from Savory Experiments
- Halloween Candy Cookie Skillet from Katie’s Cucina
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.