This post for Keto Blueberry Creme Brulee was written as part of the CK Mondavi Ambassador program. All opinions are my own. #CKMondaviHolidayBaking #CKMondaviAmbassador #CKMondaviWines
Keto Blueberry Creme Brulee is rich, creamy, low in carbohydrates, and sugar-free! This classic French dessert recipe is the perfect way to celebrate the holiday and make your loved ones feel special!
Blueberry Creme Brulee makes a special holiday dessert!
I love to make our holiday meals special whether there will be just the two of us or a crowd at our table. Creme Brulee looks so elegant that people may think it is hard to make. That is not the case. This dessert is actually a very easy dessert to make and you can also make it 1-2 days ahead of time!
Keto Blueberry Creme Brulee is easily adaptable to diet lifestyles!
I have been trying very hard to get back to full-time Keto living. As someone who feeds different diets in the home it is not always easy to make something “new” to me that is also Keto and successfully do so. With this dessert however you can do several different things to adapt it to fit your particular diet!
If you want a lower fat Creme Brulee, switch from heavy cream to light cream or half and half. This will lighten the custard up and lower the fat content. It shouldn’t affect the end result other than it will not taste as rich. Something non-keto bloggers would probably prefer.
What sugar-free sweetener do I recommend for this Keto Blueberry Creme Brulee recipe?
Separating the egg yolks for your Creme Brulee
Whenever I have to separate eggs for a custard or a pudding, I always use an egg separator (affiliate link). Not only is it cool to use, but it does such a great job and is fun to use! My yolk doesn’t break and it comes out clean! No more messy hands and broken yolks by doing it the old-fashioned crack and sift method!
Tips for Keto Blueberry Creme Brulee success
- Blend your eggs and sugar together until they become creamy and pale yellow. It is normal for that mixture to thicken a little, so don’t be concerned when you see this happen.
- When whisking the portion of hot cream into your egg mixture, do it slowly so you don’t cook the egg mixture too quickly, causing it to curdle.
- Be sure to slowly pour the custard over top of the blueberry layer. Some of the blueberry layer will still pop to the top of your custard, but it will settle back down to the bottom.
- Store your custards in the refrigerator 1-2 days before serving to allow it to firm up and be more custard-like.
- Always torch your sugar prior to serving. Don’t do this ahead of time as it sits in the refrigerator it could liquify.
- Let your custard sit for a couple of minutes after torching the sweetener to allow it to harden.
How much sugar-free sweetener should you use to make the candy coating on top of your custard?
I used approximately 1 teaspoon of Swerve. You can use a little more or less if you prefer. The more you use, the thicker your hard sugar shell will be. I also suggest you sprinkle the sweetener over top of your custard lightly to distribute it evenly.
Do you have to have a torch to cook the top of your Creme Brulee?
While it is not necessary, I highly recommend using a Blow Torch (affiliate link). The one I own is very affordable and so easy to use. If you don’t have one, however, you can always put your custard under the broiler. My preference is due to the fact, you are getting fast direct flame onto the sugar allowing it to cook and caramelize faster.
I apply the flame very close to the sweetener, allowing it to actually set fire just a little bit to really caramelize. Putting the ramekins under the broiler is causing hot heat to encase the entire dish and takes a little longer, not to mention you risk the chance of burning should you turn your back for even a second!
As always, be extremely cautious when using anything with a flame that could ignite
What CK Mondavi and Family wine pairs best with Keto Blueberry Creme Brulee?
Day one, I sampled the CK Mondavi and Family Red Blend with the Blueberry Creme Brulee. I feel the blueberry in the dessert complimented the red wine quite well and the dryness of the wine really complimented the sweetness and richness of the dessert.
The next day I sampled the CK Mondavi and Family Chardonnay with my dessert. This also paired really well with the Blueberry Creme Brulee and was probably my favorite of the two pairings. The lemon and citrus came through and went excellent with the blueberry layer, while the smoothness of it complimented the creamy custard to perfection!
No matter which wine you choose to pair with this dessert, you will have a perfectly delicious pairing. I suggest you offer both to your guest so you please both red and white wine lovers!
About CK Mondavi and Family Wines
I am proud to say I have been an ambassador for the CK Mondavi and Family Wines for two years, going on my third! I love the wine and the family behind it. The Mondavi Family is a generational thing, check out their website and learn their impressive history!
CK Mondavi Wines is offering up to $2 off any one 750ml or 1.5L bottle of wine. Hop over and download the app today for immediate savings!
Follow CK Mondavi and Family on their social media channels!
Don’t forget to pin and share this recipe for Keto Blueberry Creme Brulee!
Blueberry Crème Brûlée is rich, creamy, low in carbohydrates, and sugar-free! This classic French dessert recipe is the perfect way to celebrate the holiday and make your loved ones feel special!
For the Brûlée
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup Swerve Granular Sugar Replacement
For the Blueberry Filling
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup Swerve Granular Sugar Replacement
- 1/3 cup water
For the sugar topping
- 2 tsp Swerve Granular Sugar Replacement
Make the Blueberry Sauce
- Place blueberries, water, and Swerve in saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, then lower temperature to a simmer. Let cook until blueberries thicken.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
Make the Custard
- Place heavy cream and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Slowly heat the cream until is just begins to bubble around the outer edges.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- While the cream is heating up, separate the egg yolks from the egg and place in a mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, blend the Swerve into the egg yolk until thick and creamy and the color turns a pale yellow.
- Slowly pour about 1/3 of the hot cream mixture into the egg mixture, mixing with your hand mixer the entire time.
- Whisk the egg/cream mixture into the remaining cream mixture until blended.
Assemble the Custard
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of blueberry sauce into the bottom of each ramekin.
- Gently pour the custard over top of the blueberry sauce, using about 3/4 cup of custard mixture.
Baking your Custard
- Place custards in a 9x12 baking dish.
- Pour hot water in baking dish until it comes about halfway up your custard dish.
- Carefully place in oven and bake 30-40 minutes, until custard is just set. It will still be wobbly in the center of the custard.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Store in refrigerator up to 2 days.
Applying the final touch to your Creme Brulee
- Sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons sweetener over top of the custard.
- Using a blow torch, burn your sweetener until it turns brown and crystalizes.
- Let set 2-3 minutes before serving, allowing the sweetener to harden.
Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.
Net Carbs: 8
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
(Set of 8) 4 oz. Porcelain Ramekins, White Bakeware, Soufflé Cups Dishes, Creme Brulee, Pudding, Custard Cups, Dessert Bowls, Condiment Servers
Swerve Sweetener, Granular, 12 oz (Pack of 3)
Egg Separator & Silicone Spatula,Stainless Steel Egg Yoke Separator Filter Yolk White Divider Cooking Tool Dishwasher Safe Chef Kitchen Gadget And Silicone Scraper
Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Natural Sweetener, 8.29 Oz (235 g)
Blow Torch - Creme Brulee Torch - Refillable Professional Kitchen Torch with Safety Lock and Adjustable Flame - Culinary Torch - Micro Butane Torch with Fuel Gauge - Cooking Torch - Food Torch
Hamilton Beach 62682RZ Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case, White
Pyrex Watercolor Collection Blue Lagoon 3 Quart Oblong Baking Dish
Serving Size:1 ramekin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 503Total Fat: 50gCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 6g