Thanksgiving Turkey Burger Bites are made with leftover stuffing, crispy fried sage, cranberry mayo, and topped with a toasty marshmallow! This mini burger brings together the sweet, salty, and savory flavors from your Thanksgiving table in incredible mouthwatering burger bite!
I love Thanksgiving, don’t you? I mean, what’s not to love? There is turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, gravy, and pumpkin pie. Need I really say more? It’s just an absolutely delicious holiday!
So, don’t let the marshmallow fool you here! First of all, it’s only 1/2 of a marshmallow. Secondly, the slightly sweet combo of the buttery crispy fried sage combined with the mushroom is phenomenal! If you don’t have a way to safely toast your marshmallow, I suggest microwaving it for a few seconds (about 5) just to warm it up. You can also just skip the marshmallow all together if you wish.
The cranberry mayo is not sweet. It has just a hint of cranberry flavor with just enough touch of acid from the lime to make it perfectly delicious. I can see this being a great alternative to your turkey sandwich also!
The one thing I always loved the most about the holidays was the leftovers. My mom made these amazing dinner rolls They were always so tall and fluffy and the texture was perfect. Years ago I did find a dinner roll recipe that I love to make and if I had these around when these burgers were made, I would have used that roll for the bun.
We aren’t the biggest bread eaters here since we do a low carb lifestyle (for the most part, we aren’t perfect!), I was super excited to find mini hamburger buns at my last Trader Joe’s shopping trip! These were perfect and smaller than most slider rolls.
What do you need to make this awesome little Thanksgiving Turkey Burger Slider?
- Cranberry Mayo Spread, made with cranberry sauce (whole berry), Mayonnaise and lime juice.
- Turkey burgers made with leftover stuffing, butter, and crispy fried sage.
- Extra pieces of crispy fried sage (for topping the burger).
- Mini burger buns
How do you get the perfect sized mini burgers for these sliders?
I LOVE my burger slider grill pan (affiliate link)! It makes the absolute perfect sized little burgers for the mini buns! I use this pan often as I am a fan of mini burger bites. 🙂
I love how the pan has the little gridlines to make “grill” marks on your burger! The grid lines are on the bottom of the pan as well as on the cover that you use to put over the burgers. This is so you can cook them without flipping and still get grill marks!
The turkey burgers alone were delicious. If you are one that likes crispy, buttery stuffing edges, then you will love these! The stuffing and butter in the mix allowed the burger to crisp up a little. These are a definite must try burger!
Be sure to Pin and Share Thanksgiving Turkey Burger Bites!
This burger was created as part of a Girl Carnivore’s Burger of the Month challenge. This month our secret ingredients were poultry, cranberries, sage, and marshmallows! If you want to be challenged also, be sure to hop over and request to join in!
Thanksgiving Turkey Burger Bites bring together the sweet, salty and savory, flavors from your Thanksgiving table, including toasty marshmallow, cranberry sauce and leftover stuffing in incredibly mouthwatering burger bites!
For the burger bites
- 8 oz ground turkey
- [1/2 cup leftover turkey flavored stuffing]
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tbsp butter
For the Cranberry Mayo
- [1/4 cup mayonnaise]
- [1 tbsp whole berry cranberry sauce]
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Mini Burger Buns (I recommend Trader Joe's if you can find them)
- Butter (for toasting buns)
- In a small skillet, over medium heat, melt 1 tbsp butter until just starts to bubble. Add fresh sage leaves. Fry until sage leaves start to change color, turning frequently. Don't let the burner get too hot, turn heat down if necessary. You don't want the butter to burn.
- Remove sage leaves and lie on paper towel to dry. Set aside browned butter you used to fry sage leaves. You will add this to your burger mix.
- Place ground turkey and leftover turkey stuffing in medium sized mixing bowl. Crumble 6 of the sage leaves into the bowl, then top with the browned butter from frying the sage leaves. Mix together with hands until combined.
- Spray slider pan with cooking spray. Shape ground turkey mixture into mini burger bites and place in slider pan. Put lid on top of slider pan and place pan over medium high heat and cook until burgers are done (about 5-7 minutes). Remove from heat. Leave lid on top of burgers until ready to assemble.
- Combine mayonnaise, cranberry sauce, and lime juice until well blended.
- Butter mini burger buns and place under high heat broiler to brown. Watch carefully as they can burn quickly. Remove from oven.
- Assemble burger as follows:
- Spread a little bit of cranberry mayo on bottom of bun.
- Place mini burger on bottom of bun.
- Top mini burger with fried sage leaf
- Toast marshmallow as desired. I toast mine over my gas range. Be cautious when toasting the marshmallow as they can easily catch fire if they come into direct contact with flame or heat.
- Top mini burger with toasted marshmallow.
- Spread a little more cranberry mayo on top bun (if desired)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Norpro Nonstick 6 Mini Slider Burger Press Wood Handle
- Pyrex 6001076 Measuring 4 Cup (32 Oz) Glass, Clear, Red
- Marshmallow Roasting Sticks with Wooden Handle Extendable Forks Set of 5 PcsTelescoping Smores Skewers for Campfire Firepit and Sausage BBQ, 32 Inch
- Kraft Stove Top Turkey Stuffing Mix (Pack of 3) 6 oz Boxes
- Hellman's Real Mayonnaise, Squeeze 11.5 oz Package of squeeze bottles
- Ocean Spray Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce, 14 Ounce
Serving Size1 burger bite
Amount Per Serving Calories 269Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 40mgSodium 271mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 11g