This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyDollarGeneralWin
Get ready for football season with Zero Carb Dr Pepper Glaze coating your favorite proteins! In our case, this would be Glazed Chicken and Pork Belly Wings! These sweet and spicy bites are air fried or oven baked to perfection and glazed with this awesome sauce!
To make this recipe you will need: Diet Dr Pepper®, Brown Sugar Substitute, Minced Onion Flakes, Garlic Powder, Chili Pepper Flakes, and Hot Chili Sauce
Fall, Food, and Football!
The chill in the air seems to have indicated that fall is really here now, and along with fall comes football season! One of my favorite things about this season is all the delicious bites of food that you have to eat while enjoying the games. To us, delicious food is great but only made better by a super tasty sauce.
Make it better with Dr Pepper!
Grumpy’s favorite soda is Dr Pepper. The rich, indulgent flavor is one of a kind and it is perfect to use in making recipes, especially glazes! Today’s recipe has the sweet heat factor that I love so much. Zero Carb Dr Pepper Glaze is perfect for any meat you serve but it is especially delicious on extra crispy chicken and pork belly wings!
Finger foods are the best foods to serve when you’re enjoying your football games. While this sauce is a sticky sauce, you will want to make sure you have plenty of napkins around for your guests! When I stopped at Dollar General to grab my Diet Dr Pepper, I made sure to buy my supplies for serving as well as some spices I needed to make my recipe.
Zero Carb Dr Pepper Glaze is simmered on the stove top until it thickens, about a total of 30 minutes. While your glaze is simmering, you can make your wings. I like to use my air fryer for smaller groups of guests and when I have several people to feed, I will bake them on a high temperature in my oven.
My preferred way to cook the pork belly wings is also in the air fryer. Pork Belly doesn’t take long to cook this way and its so easy to clean the air fryer when you’re done! While I am a huge chicken wing fan, I think I’m probably a bigger pork belly fan. This sauce is really incredible on pork belly. The sweet, salty heat made it finger licking good!
This Zero Carb Dr Pepper Glaze is bound to make even the grumpiest of people happy! It is thick and clings to the food like there is no tomorrow! As a matter of fact, people might be tempted to skip napkins and just lick their fingers clean!
How many servings are there in this recipe?
- This recipe makes 2 delicious cups of zero carb sauce!
- 2 cups equal 32 tablespoons and 2 tablespoons are a serving. Therefore there are 16 servings of sauce. This will cover a lot of wings 🙂
Can I use regular Dr Pepper instead of Diet Dr Pepper in this recipe?
- Yes! You can substitute regular Dr Pepper in this recipe. You may also use regular brown sugar.
- Keep in mind, nutrition information changes when you make substitutes and by using the regular Dr Pepper, your recipe is no longer low calorie or sugar-free.
Tips for a successful game night tailgate!
- Use your slow cooker to keep glazed wings on the warm setting to prevent food from getting cold.
- Have plenty of Regular and Diet Dr Pepper on hand for all your football loving fans!
- Save yourself time and grab your table supplies at Dollar General when you pick up your ingredients for this recipe!
Pin it! Zero Carb Dr Pepper Glaze
A sugar free sticky sweet glaze to coat your crispy chicken or pork belly wings!
- 16 oz Diet Dr Pepper
- 3/4 cup sugar free brown sugar substitute
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp minced onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1-1/2 tbsp hot chili pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 4 tbsp butter
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, add Diet Dr Pepper through butter and stir to combine.
- Continue to stir as sauce heats up, butter is melted and sugar has dissolved.
- Cook until sauce begins to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Sauce will begin to thicken, but will still be rather. Once sauce is cooled, it will thicken up some more.
- Use sauce as desired to coat chicken or pork belly wings. You may also brush this sauce on chicken just prior to removing from the grill.
Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.
Net Carbs: 0
Serving Size:2 tbsp
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 68mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g