This post is sponsored on behalf of #ChristmasCookiesWeek. The generous sponsors, YumGoggle, Sprinkle Pop, Silpat, and Adams Extracts have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
These Mini Brownie Cups with Peppermint Buttercream are chewy bites of chocolate brownie with a creamy peppermint buttercream that literally melts in your mouth. Perfect little treats to add to your holiday cookie platter or to leave out for Santa!
Chewy and brownie should always be used in the same phrase. Chewy brownies are the best brownies! The fudgy chewiness is what the brownie is all about, am I not right?
Ingredients you will need to make these Brownie Cups with Peppermint Buttercream
- Cocoa Powder
- Adam’s Vanilla Extract
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
These brownies are so easy to make that you will never want to make brownies any other way going forward!
The best method for making chewy fudgy brownie cups!
Whenever I make brownies, I always make them with this same method. It is so easy! All you do is melt the butter and then combine it with the sugar, vanilla, and eggs. No creaming butter here!
Tips for easy removal of brownie cups from baking pan
When making individually portioned brownie cups, you will want to be sure to do the following to eliminate a deconstructed brownie upon removal from the baking pan!
- If you have paper lines, use them, it will make everything super easy!
- No paper liners? Then a silicone baking pan is your next best bet.
- You don’t have either of the above? Then a non-stick pan and make sure to spray it well with cooking spray.
I really love peppermint. It doesn’t have to be the holidays for me to enjoy it. However, with it being the holiday season, it seemed only natural to top these chewy brownie bites off with some delicious, buttery, creamy peppermint buttercream!
Tips for making Peppermint Buttercream
- Use your eyes when it comes to consistency of your buttercream.
- If your buttercream is too tight (unspreadable) add a little bit of milk. I would not add more than 1 or 2 tsp at a time.
- If your buttercream is too thin, add a little bit more confectioners sugar to stiffen it up to spreading consistency.
There really are no rules when it comes to buttercream or icing. It is all what you prefer and you have control of the consistency of the buttercream! So, while I list measurements for icing in the ingredient card, it should always just be a guide to come to the end result that you are looking for!
Be sure to enter the giveaway via rafflecopter on my post for Butter Pecan Nugget Cookies!
My end result was a tasty combination of chocolate and a buttery peppermint. The finishing touch – the sprinkles! I LOVE my SprinklePop Sprinkles. I seriously believe they are the best sprinkles I have ever used! I love the colors, the different sizes, and shapes. They are just so fun! These make a great festive addition to your homemade holiday cookie tray! I hope you will make and enjoy these brownie cups as much as we did!
For the brownie cups
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
For the Icing
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1-2 tbsp milk (as needed)
To Make the Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare mini muffin pan by spraying with cooking spray or lining with mini paper cup liners.
- Heat butter in sauce pan over stove top until just melted. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, and salt until combined.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Place 1 tbsp scoop of dough into each mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and top of brownie is no longer wet.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Remove cups from muffin pan and finish cooling on cooling rack.
To make the buttercream
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a mixing bowl.
- Add confectioners sugar and peppermint extract to melted butter and stir. Sugar will be lumpy.
- Add milk, 1 tbsp at a time until buttercream is of spreading consistency. Frost and decorate brownie cups as desired.
Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.
Serving Size:1 brownie cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 53mg Sodium: 168mg Carbohydrates: 31g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 31g Protein: 2g
#ChristmasCookiesWeek Wednesday Recipes
- Andes Mint Chocolate Brownies by Hardly A Goddess
- Best Snickerdoodle Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Brownie Bites with Peppermint Buttercream by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Brown Sugar Pecan Christmas Tree Cookies by Family Around The Table
- Chocolate Chip Vanilla Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Chocolate Peppermint Thumbprints by The Freshman Cook
- Chocolate Speckled Palmiers by Books n’ Cooks
- Eggnog Macarons by The Redhead Baker
- Ginger Crinkle Cookies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Gingersnap Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Holiday Cut-Out Sugar Cookies by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Iced Peppermint Cookies by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Irish Shortbread Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Kolache Cookies by Caroline’s Cooking
- Oatmeal Cranberry Walnut Cookies by Tip Garden
- Peppermint Patty Bars by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Purely Peppermint Shortbread by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Santa Sleigh Sugar Cookies by Girl Abroad
- Sweet Potato Pie Cookies by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats