This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Kaukauna100 This recipe for Chai Spiced Candied Nuts were created for this shop.
Chai Spiced Candied Nuts are a deliciously roasted sugar-free nut mixture that is flavored with just the right amount of chai spices. They are easy to make and are perfect for serving as a compliment to your holiday cheese boards. They also make a great homemade holiday gift along with some delicious cheeseballs or spreads from Kaukauna®!
I love when all of the senses can be satisfied within one setting! For example, this board of lightly sweetened Chai Spiced Candied nuts, salty olives, crispy toasts, and creamy cheeses does just that!
This year, Kaukauna®, one of our favorite cheese to serve, is celebrating it’s 100 year anniversary! To join in the celebration, I wanted to share with you one of the ways I like to present these delicious cheese balls and spreads.
When I set out an appetizer/cheese board, I like to offer food that will appeal to all the senses and tastes. I like sweet and savory flavors as well as crispy and creamy.
One of my favorite pairings with the Kaukauna® cheeses would be these very easy to make Chai Spiced Candied Nuts! These nuts are lightly sweetened with an erythritol and chai spice mix, and have a roasted nutty flavor and crunch. The contrast is irresistible!
Tips for making the perfect batch of Chai Spiced Candied Nuts!
- Start with raw, unsalted nuts. You will be roasting these so you don’t want to start with a nut that has already been salted and roasted.
- Stick to a granulated sugar substitute. I find that Erythritol works the best for me.
- Make sure your butter is unsalted. The recipe calls for salt, so you don’t need salted butter. If you only have salted butter, then omit the salt from the recipe.
- Stir the nut mixture often when roasting as well as while cooling.
Give these nuts and Kaukauna® cheeses to your hostess as a gift, or set them up at your own home for your own holiday gathering!
Kaukauna® offers several year-round and seasonal flavors for you to choose from. I paired these nuts with a new, no artificial anything, Port Wine Cheese Ball and a spreadable sharp cheddar cup that I found at ShopRite.
No matter how you spread it, these cheeses make any holiday cheese board special!
Try this delicious recipe for Pastry Wrapped Cheesy Cocktail Franks made with Kaukauna®!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links.
Chai Spiced Candied Nuts is a deliciously roasted nut mixture that is mildly sweet with just the right amount of chai spices. They are easy to make and are perfect for serving as a compliment to your holiday cheese boards.
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chai spice seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt butter in medium sized saucepan over low heat.
- Add erythritol, salt, chai spice seasoning, and vanilla extract.
- Heat until erythritol has dissolved.
- Stir in nuts and toss to coat well.
- Spread nut mixture on large baking sheet and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes, stirring often, until nuts are lightly toasted.
- Stir often while nuts are cooling.
- When completely cooled, store in airtight container.
Net Carbs: 1 per serving
Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g