Sweet Black Pepper Whole Beef Tenderloin post is sponsored by the Certified Angus Beef ® brand in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Sweet Black Pepper Whole Beef Tenderloin Roast is a whole beef tenderloin, tied and seasoned with plenty of crushed black pepper and glazed with a sugar-free sweet sauce to complement the heat from the pepper. Roasted to perfection using the Roast Perfect App, this roast will delight your dinner guest sitting at the holiday table!
Have you ever wanted to make the perfect roast but was concerned you would not be successful? I have to tell you that I used to be that way! However, thanks to Certified Angus Beef ® brand, I downloaded the Roast Perfect App on my iPhone a few years ago and I have had every roast I made turn out perfectly since then!
This year, I even took on the task of tying my own roast! I wanted to do a whole beef tenderloin, however, being inexperienced in making one, I found after I bought it that it would be a roast I had to tie! So, to help you out, below I have listed items you will need before roasting your own whole beef tenderloin!
Items you need to prepare a whole beef tenderloin for roasting:
- A carving knife
- Sturdy cutting board
- Cooking Twine
- Roasting Pan and Rack
- Roast Perfect App
How to prepare your Whole Beef Tenderloin Roast
If I learned anything from Grumpy and from cooking venison, I learned that the silverskin must go. It takes a little practice and a really good knife, but it isn’t hard to do. You just need to get your knife in just below the silverskin and then holding the knife at a slant, cut it free in a single smooth sweep. It takes practice. I am not perfect at it, but I plan to be!
Tying your Whole Beef Tenderloin Roast
I am far from a pro at this, however, having said that, I did pretty well if I do say so myself! Certified Angus Beef ® brand has a great instructional video that you can watch on how to tie your roast!
Once your roast is tied, you are ready to season it. For this recipe, I used plenty of coarsely crushed black peppercorns and Himalayan pink salt. Simple, easy, seasoning!
How does the Roast Perfect App to help you make your Whole Beef Tenderloin?
- It helps you figure out what size roast you need for however many people you will be serving.
- With the timer, you know exactly how much time you need for your degree of doneness desired.
- You are given the searing temperature and timer for your select roast and are alerted when to change your temperature and continue with your cooking time.
- There is a rest timer! No more trying to remember what time you took the roast out of the oven or slicing into it too soon!
When is the best time to glaze your Whole Beef Tenderloin?
I glazed my tenderloin after the searing process. Once I glazed it, I did not remove it from the oven to add more glaze. This will interfere with your roasting time if you do decide to glaze more than once. If you decide to glaze more than one time, then you should be sure that you watch your roast carefully and check the internal temperature before removing from the oven.
Why let your Whole Beef Tenderloin Roast rest for 10 minutes?
Your Whole Beef Tenderloin Roast should rest for at least 10 minutes after removing from the oven. When resting, the moisture re-absorbs allowing your roast to be moist and delicious. Cutting too quickly into the roast before it has had time to rest will release all the liquid from the roast, causing it to dry out.
Go ahead and download the Roast Perfect App today to help you make your best holiday roast ever!
Follow Certified Angus Beef ® brand on their Social Media Platforms
For the Roast:
- 3.5 pounds Certified Angus Beef brand whole beef tenderloin roast
- 2 tbsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp pink Himalayan salt
For the Glaze
- 1/4 cup Swerve Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 450 (according to Roast Perfect app).
- Trim and tie roast.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven to sear for 15 minutes.
- Mix together Swerve brown sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- When searing is complete, remove from oven and brush liberally with glaze.
- Continue roasting using Roast Perfect app.
- Remove from oven when app timer goes off. Check temperature. For Medium Rare, your temperature should register 130 degrees. After resting, it should be 135 degrees.
- Rest for 10 minutes according to Roast Perfect App.
- Slice and serve.
Net Carbs per serving: 1
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Penta Angel 100 Yards White DIY Craft Decoration Kitchen Natural Cotton Cooking Twine Food Packaging String for Trussing and Tying Poultry Meat Making Sausage
Swerve Sweetener, Brown, 12 ounces
The Spice Lab Pink Himalayan Salt - Fine Ground 2lbs - Gourmet Pure Crystal - Nutrient and Mineral Dense for Health - Kosher & Natural Certified
Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-Piece Forged Knife Block Set, Tempered Glass Block
Serving Size:1/6th of recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 142mg Sodium: 1273mg Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Protein: 52g