Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake is a sugar-free, flour-free and Keto friendly dessert for two! Baking in the microwave makes it super quick and easy. Once cooled and frosted with a whipped cream topping you are ready to serve your loved ones with a perfect after dinner dessert!
Welcome to Keto Fridays! Every Friday my team and I will be sharing with you a series of recipes that will fit the Keto Lifestyle. Our first series of recipes will be dessert for two. I felt it only appropriate to start this series off with my favorite recipe from my childhood, a chocolate mayonnaise cake!
My goal when going Keto was to take some of my much-loved family recipes and make them keto friendly so I could continue to enjoy them. Baking usually comes quite naturally to me. Baking Keto, however, has been more difficult. I am one to accept challenges and learn, this cake being proof of that!
Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake was always my request for my birthday and I wanted my Nanny to make it. I remember her asking me what I wanted for a birthday cake. The answer was always the same!
I am proud that I was able to develop this recipe for just two people and make it Keto. And, I was pleased that the cake was moist, delicious, and didn’t fall apart after I was done baking it!
I made this recipe several times last year in an attempt to find a way to bake it in the oven as a mini cake. Failure was frustrating me so I gave up for a few months. Then, the last time I made it, I had extra batter so I put it in the microwave. The texture was perfect and it had great chocolate flavor! Hence, this Microwave Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake was born! This dessert is perfect to serve your loved one as a romantic ending to your Valentine meal.
Tips for the best tasting Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake made in the Microwave
- I prefer a sugar-free powdered sweetener powdered sweetener like Swerve. I feel the powdered version lends to a smoother texture.
- To keep the cake from overcooking, start at the shortest microwave time (2 min). Microwave in 10-second intervals if the cake is still wet on top until it is no longer wet.
- Let the cake cool at least 5 minutes before removing from the mug and cool completely before adding the topping.
- Slice the cake in half and add filling between the layers. This adds flavor, fat, and moisture!
Check out these links to some of our favorite Keto Dessert recipes for two!
- 3 tablespoons Swerve Confectioner's Sweetener
- 4 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour
- 1-½ tablespoons Bob's Red Mill Coconut Flour
- 2 tablespoons Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Aluminum-free Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tablespoons Water
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Place dry ingredients in a 4-cup glass mixing bowl (swerve through baking powder). Stir to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until batter is smooth.
- Divide batter between 2 - 4.oz ramekins.
- Place in microwave and cook on high power for 2 minutes. If cake is still wet on top, microwave in 10 second intervals until no longer wet.
- Cool and serve with real whipped cream.
4 net carbs per serving
BOB'S RED MILL, Flour, Og2, Coconut, Pack of 4, Size 16 OZ, (Gluten Free Kosher 95%+ Organic)
Bob's Red Mill Super-Fine Gluten Free Almond Flour, 3 Pound
Swerve Sweetener, Confectioners, 12 oz
HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa, 8 Ounce
Rumford Baking Powder, 8.1 Ounce, 2 Count
Swerve Sweetener, Granular, 12 Ounce
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/2 recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331 Total Fat: 31g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 103mg Sodium: 325mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 1g Protein: 8g