Keto Mayonnaise Cake is a sugar-free, flour-free and low carb dessert for two! Made in the microwave, it super quick and easy. Once cooled and frosted with a whipped cream topping you are ready to serve your loved ones with a perfect after-dinner keto dessert!
Welcome to Keto Fridays! Every Friday my team and I will be sharing with you a series of recipes that will fit the Keto Lifestyle. Our first series of recipes will be dessert for two. I felt it only appropriate to start this series off with my favorite recipe from my childhood and make a keto mayonnaise cake.
Adapting my family recipes into the low carb keto diet plan
My goal when going Keto was to take some of my much-loved family recipes and make them keto-friendly so I could continue to enjoy them. Baking usually comes quite naturally to me. Baking Keto, however, has been more difficult. I am one to accept challenges and learn, this Keto Mayonnaise Cake cake being proof of that!
Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake was always my request for my birthday and I wanted my Nanny to make it. I remember her asking me what I wanted for a birthday cake. The answer was always the same!
What you need to make this keto mug cake
Almond Flour: super fine almond flour is best.
Coconut Flour: I use this brand.
Powdered Sweetener: Since I first made this recipe, I have changed the sweetener I used. This brand is my favorite brand and the only one I use now.
Microwaveable Mug: The mug I used in the photos here is one that came in a gift pack. I also have these large soup mugs that I have used to make microwave cakes in.
My attempts converting to a low carb keto mug cake landed in the microwave
I made this recipe several times last year in an attempt to find a way to bake it in the oven as a mini cake. Failure was frustrating me so I gave up for a few months. Then, the last time I made it, I had extra batter so I put it in the microwave.
The texture was perfect and it had great chocolate flavor! Hence, this Microwave Keto Mayonnaise Cake was born! This keto mug cake is perfect to serve your loved one as a romantic ending to your Valentine meal or any special occasion.
Tips for the best tasting Keto Mayonnaise Cake made in the Microwave
- I prefer this sugar-free powdered sweetener. The powdered version lends to a smoother texture.
- To keep the cake from overcooking, start at the shortest microwave time (2 min). Microwave in 10-second intervals if the cake is still wet on top until it is no longer wet.
- Let the cake cool at least 5 minutes before removing from the mug and cool completely before adding the topping.
- Slice the cake in half and add filling between the layers. This adds flavor, fat, and moisture!
Make this recipe your own
There are so many delicious ways to doctor up this Keto Mayonnaise Cake. Below are a few of my favorite ways!
- Substitute almond extract for the vanilla extract
- Serve the mug cake warm with your favorite keto ice cream.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate chips
- Frost with a sugar-free Peanut Butter Frosting, Chocolate Buttercream, or Cream Cheese Frosting. (instructions for keto in each recipe)
- Sprinkle with these keto sprinkles!
Check out these links to some of our favorite Keto Dessert recipes!
These Chocolate Raspberry Truffles are so delicious. It is literally hard to discern these as sugar-free! It is one of my favorite molded keto chocolate recipes.
The warm chocolate lava that oozes from this Chocolate Pudding Cake is so delicious. You won’t miss the sugar-filled version!
II made this recipe because my son is a Creme Brulee and a blueberry fan (just like his momma!). This Keto Blueberry Creme Brulee is rich, creamy, and oh so delicious. It makes a great holiday occasion recipe or just because!
Keto Canolli Cake is a recipe I created due to my son’s love of Canolli! I love making my kids happy and being able to eat dessert with them is so satisfying.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake is Keto ice cream cake heaven. This is Grumpy’s favorite cake of all. He is a huge ice cream fan and he would have eaten the whole thing if I didn’t make him share.
Next to this Keto Mayonnaise Cake, this Keto Tiramisu is one of my favorites. I love Tiramisu and now that I have this keto version, I am a happy camper.
Check out this round-up of Keto Valentine Recipes for more keto dessert ideas!
Keto Mayonnaise Cake is a chocolate, sugar-free, grain-free, low carb dessert for two! Ready in just 5 minutes for a quick and easy dessert.
- 3 tablespoons Powdered Sweetener
- 4 tablespoons Super Fine Almond Flour
- 1-½ tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 2 tablespoons Dark Cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Aluminum-free Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tablespoons Water
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Place dry ingredients in a 4-cup glass mixing bowl (swerve through baking powder). Stir to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until batter is smooth.
- Divide batter between 2 - 4.oz ramekins.
- Place in microwave and cook on high power for 2 minutes. If cake is still wet on top, microwave in 10 second intervals until no longer wet.
- Cool and serve with real whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 458mgCarbohydrates: 16gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 6gSugar Alcohols: 6gProtein: 8g