This Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake is drizzled with a delectable peanut butter sauce and sprinkled with delicate chocolate shavings or your choice of chopped chocolate—it may be an easy keto dessert, but it will look like it took you hours to make! And surprise! This mini low carb cheesecake is also a keto ice cream cake.
With only 6 net carbs per serving, it feels rich and overly indulgent but isn’t. This new dessert for two will rock your world!
This particular ice cream cheesecake was inspired by my husband’s birthday. It has everything he loves: ice cream, cheesecake, and a chocolate-peanut butter combo. And, it turned out so great the first time that I had to make it again to be sure.
It was a major success! And now I get to share it with you and you can share it with your honey for Valentine’s Day!
Which Peanut Butter for Your Keto Cheesecake?
I just want to make a note about peanut butter. It’s not keto. Have I scared any peanut butter lovers out there?
Okay, so that’s up for debate. There are different types of keto, some that avoid legumes. I do not. If you’d like to know more about all the types of keto diets out there, read my article “The Honey Controversy: Which Keto are You?”
And honestly, I don’t know what I would do without my occasional dip into the peanut butter jar, which I was doing long, long before I heard of the keto diet.
However, I’m careful about what goes into my peanut butter. Is there a keto peanut butter? Just ask these questions when looking at the label:
Are there added soybean or vegetable oils? What about added sugars? Most peanut butters do include those ingredients. There’s also debate about whether palm oil is okay, so you’ll have to decide for yourself if you see it on your label.
If you’re going to use peanut butter on a ketogenic diet, be sure to get “natural” peanut butter, the kind that separates from its oil and you have to stir it back in.
The only ingredients should be peanuts and maybe salt. We’ll be sure to link you to a good natural peanut butter below the recipe.
Mini No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake for Two
Part of the draw to this sugar free cheesecake is that it’s the perfect no bake dessert for two with its tiny size. If you need help finding a 4” mini cheesecake springform pan, look at the links below the recipe.
Or you can use any 4” sized dish you might have in your cupboards, like a glass pyrex dish. Just be sure not to skip the part where the recipe tells you to use waxed paper. Springform pans make it really easy to take a cake out without damaging the cake.
With any other dish, you can use the waxed paper and then use a butter knife to gently scrape along the inside of the pan to get the freezer cake out.
Personally, I’m lazy and a bit of a perfectionist at the same time, so I’d rather just use a springform pan. But it’s definitely doable without.
Tips For A Softer Ice Cream Cheesecake
This cheesecake will taste great no matter the temperature and won’t get rock hard because of the high fat content.
However, it’s much tastier if it’s a little softer. There are a couple options to achieve this.
- I’ve found that the best way to eat this chocolate peanut butter cheesecake is to allow it to freeze for just two hours. After two hours, make the peanut butter ice cream sauce, decorate your cake, and serve immediately. Alternatively, you could make the sauce ahead of time, refrigerate it till you’re ready and just warm it up to pour just before serving the cheesecake.
- The other option is to allow it to freeze for however long you need and then take it out of the freezer and allow it to sit on the counter for 20-40 minutes (depending on how hard or how long it’s been in the freezer). I’ve set one out for an hour before after being in the freezer all night and that was perfect for mine. Because of the structure the whipping cream gives the freezer cake, it won’t melt into a puddle and will still be cold like ice cream
Notes for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- We know that not everyone is fond of erythritol. And that other people can’t stand stevia. So we’ve made this dessert for two both ways and noted it in the recipe so you can use whichever you like better. Jenn (from Keen for Keto) likes it with stevia and Shelby (here at Grumpy’s Honeybunch) likes it with erythritol. Try the cheesecake both ways and let us know in the comments which keto sweetener you prefer!
- Use natural peanut butter with no vegetable oils or sugars. The ingredients should read “peanuts” or “peanut butter” and maybe “salt”
- A 4” springform pan works best. I promise, it just makes it so much easier to remove!
- Line your pan by tracing the bottom onto a piece of waxed paper. Cut out the circle about ⅛ inch smaller than the circle you’ve drawn. Trim as needed to make it fit.
- Enjoy any extra peanut butter sauce on other desserts, ice cream, or even keto German Pancakes! Save it in the fridge and warm it up later when you need it.
- This is probably the most important tip of all. This cheesecake will taste great no matter the temperature, and won’t get rock hard because of the high fat content. However, it’s much tastier if it’s a little softer. See the above section for more details.
- Cover and eat the keto cheesecake within 3 days so it doesn’t get freezer burned or stale-tasting.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
And now to the good part! Let’s get started making the best low carb cheesecake you’ll ever taste!
If you’re like me and just couldn’t decide between a cheesecake, ice cream cake, or ice cream, this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake recipe might just be what your taste buds were looking for. I know I can’t resist this creamy freezer cake with its sweet peanut butter sauce (oh, that sauce!) and chocolate shavings delicately sprinkled on top!
I hope you and your family loves this keto cheesecake dessert for two as much as we do!
If You Like Desserts for Two, You’ll Also Like These:
Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
These Chocolate Raspberry Truffles are coated with sugar-free chocolate and filled with a creamy raspberry ganache. They can be decorated with crushed, freeze-dried raspberries and/or edible heart flakes for the perfect keto friendly valentine!
Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake is a sugar-free, flour-free and Keto friendly dessert for two! Baking in the microwave makes it super quick and easy.
Keto Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Orange Truffles
These Keto Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Orange Truffles could are made with smooth dark chocolate that is molded around a creamy chocolate truffle center for one of the easiest low carb indulgences you will ever taste!
Chocolate Pudding Cake
This Chocolate Pudding Cake For Two is Keto friendly and a chocolate lovers dream! Also known as chocolate lava cake or hot fudge pudding cake, it has a rich and creamy pudding-like center and is surprisingly quick and easy to make.
Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Shooters
These Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Shooters are the perfect little low-carb after dinner dessert recipe for two! A microwaveable sponge cake is layered with mashed strawberries parfait style.
This Keto Tiramisu is the perfect dessert for two. If you are looking for the ultimate end to your Valentine’s day dinner, this easy tiramisu recipe is sure to satisfy.
If you like this recipe please give it a 5 star rating!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter (no sugar no vegetable oils)
- 3 tablespoons confectioner’s erythritol OR 5 teaspoons stevia
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch pink Himalayan salt (if your PB doesn’t have any salt)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Peanut Butter Sauce (makes 1 cup)
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons erythritol OR 3 tablespoons stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch pink Himalayan salt
- Sugar free chocolate for sprinkling (optional)
Making the cheesecake base:
- Line a 4” springform pan with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Add cream cheese, 1/2 cup whipping cream, peanut butter, erythritol (or stevia), cocoa, vanilla, and salt to a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined and smooth. Continue beating for about 3 minutes. This will help the sweetener dissolve nicely. There should be no bits of cream cheese showing and the batter will be smooth.
- In a separate bowl, using a mixer beat the remaining 1/2 cup of whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture into the lined 4” springform pan and smooth over the top with a rubber spatula.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
To make peanut butter sauce:
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk until dissolved.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and stir constantly until thickened to preferred consistency.
Putting the cake together:
- If you freeze the cheesecake longer than 2 hours, allow the cake to sit on the counter for 20-30 minutes prior to decorating.
- When pouring sauce over cake, be sure the cake has set in the freezer for two hours so the warm sauce doesn’t melt the top. You must work fast when pouring, because the cold cake will harden the sauce quickly.
- Using a measuring cup, pour about ¼ cup of the peanut butter sauce in the middle of the top of the cake. Using the flat bottom of your measuring cup, quickly spread the sauce over the entire top of the cake, allowing some to dribble down the sides for decoration.
- While the sauce is still warm, sprinkle chocolate shavings, scrolls, chopped chocolate or chopped peanut butter cups on top. Enjoy with your honey!
- Refreeze any leftover ice cream cake and allow to sit at room temperature for 20-40 minutes prior to serving again.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Swerve Sweetener, Confectioners, 12 oz
Hershey's Cocoa, Unsweetened, 8-Ounce Container (Pack of 2)
Classic Peanut Butter by Justin's, Only Two Ingredients, No Stir, Gluten-free, Non-GMO, Responsibly Sourced, 16oz Jar
Adams Best Twice as Strong Vanilla 4oz Glass Bottle (Pack of 3)
The Spice Lab Pink Himalayan Salt - Fine Ground 2lbs - Gourmet Pure Crystal - Nutrient and Mineral Dense for Health - Kosher & Natural Certified
Wilton 4-Inch Mini Springform Pans for Mini Cheesecakes, Pizzas and Quiches, Durable Non-Stick Surface, Set 3-Piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 674 Total Fat: 62g Carbohydrates: 10g Protein: 12g