This Air Fryer Pork Loin is marinated and then roasted with a maple glaze. It is moist and delicious with sweet and savory flavors. It is easy to make and ready in a little more than an hour, this recipe is sure to be a regular on your table!
It’s been a long tradition with many families to have pork on New Year’s Day. Pork is said to symbolize progress for the upcoming year because pigs root around with their snouts moving forward. This air fryer recipe for Maple Glazed Pork Loin is one of our favorite recipes to enjoy on New Year’s Day.
Why I made this Pork Loin in the Air Fryer
I am a firm believer in the perception that people “eat with their eyes” first. That is why I developed this delicious yet easy air fryer recipe for a more visually appealing glazed pork loin rather than some of the rather boring looking roasts we’ve had in the past.
This Air Fryer recipe makes dinner easy and convenient. Not to mention, it is ready in under an hour! Clean up is easier and the pork loin comes out of the air fryer super moist and flavorful.
New Years and Pork on the table
The pig has been known as a symbol of good luck. Because of this, eating pork on New Year’s Day symbolizes this belief and that it will bring luck in the new year. While many eat pork roasts with sauerkraut, in recent years I’ve served it with two other “lucky” foods: black-eyed peas and collard greens. “Peas for pennies, greens for dollars.”
Marinating and air frying the roast to retain moisture
One of the things that can be difficult when cooking a pork roast is the moistness factor. Marinating the roast, then cooking it in the air fryer, helps to retain that moisture! The air fryer is a contained hot heat that will help to cook the roast more evenly and quickly!
Translating this Air Fryer Recipe to an oven recipe
If you don’t have an air fryer the recipe can easily be made on a rack in a small roaster. Preheat oven to 375. After brining the pork loin, pat dry and brown it in a hot skillet with a little olive oil until all sides are golden brown. Place roast on the rack and cook at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
Take loin out of the oven and coat it with the glaze then return and cook for about another 15 minutes or until pork has an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Allow the pork loin to rest very loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes before slicing.
Recipes to make with leftover pork loin
How to make this recipe
You will need a pork loin, apple juice, chicken broth, rosemary, garlic, and pure maple syrup.
Chop your herbs and mix your glaze.
Pour your glaze over pork loin to marinate.
After pork loin is done marinating, place in Air Fryer to cook.
Once pork loin has been placed in Airfryer, make your maple glaze.
Flip roast in air fryer and brush with more glaze.
Remove the pork loin from the air fryer, slice and serve.
Tips for a successful Maple Glazed Pork Loin in the Air Fryer
- A Jaccard meat tenderizer will create a lot of “channels” for the brine to enter the pork. If you don’t have a Jaccard tenderizer, you can easily use sharp forks to get the same effect.
- Make sure to buy a pork loin that will fit in your air fryer basket as you don’t want to overcrowd it.
- Coat pork with a little oil to give it a nice color and help seal in the juices.
- For easy cleanup use perforated parchment paper in the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Always check the internal temperature with a thermometer. It’s too difficult to go by cook times as air fryers have different wattage that can affect the total time.
You may need
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links.
One item I feel you MUST have are these non-stick air fryer liners! They save a lot of time in clean up and catch all the juices that are released to the bottom of the pan from making recipes like this pork loin.
What’s new? Check out my Grumpy’s Honeybunch Store on Amazon! Thanks so much for being a part of Grumpy’s Honeybunch!
Follow Mary over on Instagram for recipe inspiration where she shares her delicious meals and Roper Redux recipes!
*If you made this Air Fryer Pork Loin Recipe, please give it a star rating*
This Maple Glazed Pork Loin will be your newest favorite recipe to make in the air fryer! Moist and delicious with the sweet and savory flavors of maple and thyme in the glaze, this pork loin will become a favorite to make over and over again!
For the Marinade
- 12 oz apple juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated or minced
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary finely chopped or 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 tsp finely minced rosemary
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 3 lb. boneless pork loin
Prepare the Marinade
- Mix all marinade ingredients and pour into a ziplock bag placed inside a large bowl.
Prepare the Pork Loin
- With a Jaccard tenderizer or a fork, pierce the loin over the entire surface. This helps the brine to get deep into the roast.
- Place the pork loin into the bag with the brine and allow it to sit in the refrigerator at least 2 hours, turning it several times, “massaging” the brine into the pork.Over low heat reduce mixture by half or until a thick enough consistency to coat the back of a spoon. Take off the heat.
- After the pork loin has brined, pat it dry, place in a parchment paper-lined air fryer and coat with a small amount of olive oil. Parchment paper is optional but makes for easier cleanup.
- Air fry at 360 for 15 minutes fat side down, flip pork loin over and continue to cook at 360 for another 15 minutes with the fat side up. Check the internal temperature. (I use an instant-read digital thermometer.) Flip loin one more time and brush with 1/2 of the glaze.
- Turn air fryer down to 250 degrees and cook for about 10 minutes to allow glaze to caramelize on the loin, adding the additional 1/2 of the glaze partway through. If it looks like glaze is getting too dark, turn down the air fryer temperature. If you want more color on the loin turn temperature up to 400 and cook an additional minute or 2.
- Check internal temp of pork, aiming for a finished temperature of 145. Don’t overcook it so it gets dry. According to the Pork Checkoff at www.pork.org “The safe internal pork cooking temperature for fresh cuts is 145° F. To check doneness use a digital thermometer to measure the temperature at the thickest part of the cut.”
- Allow the air fried glazed pork loin to rest at least 5 minutes before slicing. You can cover it with foil but tent it so you don’t disrupt the glaze or leave the pork in the air fryer with the heat off.
Because AirFryers will vary, it is recommended to follow the cooking instructions closely. If your pork loin internal temperature is not at 145 degrees after the end of initial cooking time, then add time in 5-10 minute intervals, checking the temperature after each interval until your roast has reached the safe internal pork cooking temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- StarPack Basics Range Silicone Basting Brush in FDA Grade with Hygienic Solid Coating + Bonus 101 Cooking Tips (Teal Blue)
- Taylor Precision Products Digital Thermometer with LED Readout
- Jaccard Supertendermatic 48-Blade Tenderizer
- GoWISE USA Perforated Parchment Non-Stick Air Fryer Liners 7.5 inches for Air Fryers, Steaming, Dumplings - 100 Pcs GWA0005
- Cook's Essentials 3.4-qt Digital Air Fryer w/ Presets & Pans (Eggplant)
Serving Size8 oz
Amount Per Serving Calories 492Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 182mgSodium 1414mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 1gSugar 11gProtein 60g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.