These Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Shooters are the perfect little low-carb after dinner dessert recipe for two! A microwaveable sponge cake is layered with mashed strawberries parfait style. Then, you add a finishing touch of whipped cream and a strawberry slice on top. These shooters make an impressive dessert that takes only minutes to make!
My mom always made the best strawberry shortcake. Her homemade buttermilk biscuits were the ingredient that made me love them so much. I loved how the strawberry juice would soak into the biscuit, giving it that delicious berry flavor!
Replicating the flavor and texture of Mom’s Strawberry Shortcake
When making this recipe, I wanted something that would remind me of my mom’s strawberry shortcake. Something a little bit sweet, but not too much. I also remembered her making strawberry shortcake with an
Why coconut flour for these Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Shooters?
I wanted my cake to be “spongy” enough to soak up berry juice without coming apart, similar to the way it worked with an angel food cake. It seemed to me the best way to do that would be to use coconut flour. I have found that things I make with coconut flour fill me up very quickly. Coconut seems to act like a sponge itself and soaks up liquid. As a result, I felt coconut flour would work perfectly in this recipe.
Tips for the best results with Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Shooters
- When recipe testing, I tested with both Swerve and Stevia sweetener. I found both versions of this dessert turned out super tasty so use whatever sweetener you prefer.
- After 1 minute in the microwave check in 10-second intervals until the top of the cake is no longer wet on top. Don’t overcook, it will make your cake tough.
- Make your cake on the morning of the day you want to eat it, however, if you make it a day ahead, that would be more ideal. The longer the strawberries sit with the cake, the better the flavor will be.
More Keto Dessert for Two Recipes you may love!
Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
Keto Chocolate Raspberry Truffles are what you're looking for this Valentine's Day for your keto dieter! You're going to want to skip the drug store sugar free chocolates this year with all their sugar alcohols. Try these easy truffles instead! You'll surprise yourself and impress your partner.Continue Reading
Chocolate Pudding Cake
This Chocolate Pudding Cake For Two is Keto friendly and a chocolate lovers dream! Also known as chocolate lava cake or hot fudge pudding cake, it has a rich and creamy pudding-like center and is surprisingly quick and easy to make.Continue Reading
Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake is a sugar-free, flour-free and Keto friendly dessert for two! Baking in the microwave makes it super quick and easy.Continue Reading
Low Carb Fudge & Giveaway
When you are in the mood for something sweet, with no sugar or flour, Low Carb Fudge is the answer to your chocolate cravings!Continue Reading
Keto Strawberry Cheesecake For Two: Love and Low Carb
This keto strawberry cheesecake has a chocolate crust, so you get all the traditional flavors of romance (I’m sorry– I can’t say that with a straight face! 😂) without sending you into sugar shockContinue Reading
Chocolate Raspberry Tart — Low Carb Without Sweetener
This is a low carb dessert that uses absolutely no added sweetener. The sweetness from this tart comes solely from very dark chocolate and raspberries.Continue Reading
These Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Shooters are great for those special occasions!
- Valentine’s Day
- Or just dessert for the two of you any night of the week!
For the shortcake:
- 1 tablespoon Terra's Whey Protein Powder
- 1 tablespoon Bob's Red Mill Coconut Flour
- 1-½ tablespoon Granulated Swerve
- ½ teaspoon Rumford Aluminum Free Baking Powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
For the strawberry layer:
- 6 tablespoons mashed strawberries
For the topping:
- 6 tablespoons whipped cream
- Swerve confectioners to sweeten to taste
- In large microwavable cup, stir together all shortcake ingredients until well combined. Microwave for 1-½ to 2 minutes. Remove from microwave and cool completely.
- To assemble shooters, break shortcake into quarters, set aside. Place ½ tablespoon mashed strawberries in bottom of shooter. Crumble one shortcake quarter and place ½ of the crumbs on top of mashed strawberries. Repeat layer. Top with 1-½ tablespoons of whipped cream. Repeat with remaining servings. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Net Carbs = 2
Swerve Sweetener, Granular, 12 oz (Pack of 3)
BOB'S RED MILL, Flour, Og2, Coconut, Pack of 4, Size 16 OZ, (Gluten Free Kosher 95%+ Organic)
Rumford Baking Powder, 8.1 Ounce, 2 Count
teraswhey Simply Pure Whey Protein, Plain 12 oz
Swerve Sweetener, Confectioners, 12 oz
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 shooter
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 59mg Sodium: 147mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 4g