This Keto Tiramisu is the perfect dessert for two. If you are looking for the ultimate end to your Valentine’s day dinner, this easy tiramisu recipe is sure to satisfy.
This recipe uses a delicious microwaveable coffee sponge cake topped with a creamy mascarpone filling. Tiramisu for two is so simple to make and can be easily be made ahead. The best thing about this dessert is that it is low carb. And, this means you can indulge on your date night and stick to your Keto diet!.
Easy Keto Tiramisu recipe
The best thing about this keto tiramisu is how easy it is to make. Using the mug cake method that is so popular in the keto world, the coffee sponge cake is baked in the microwave in 1 minute. The mascarpone filling takes about 10 minutes. In just 15 minutes you will have an amazing dessert to wow your Valentine.
Tiramisu means pick me up in Italian and originates from Treviso, Italy in the 1960’s. A traditional tiramisu would usually consist of ladyfingers dipped in coffee, layered with a mascarpone filling and dusted in cocoa. As ladyfingers are not keto-friendly, the microwaveable coffee cake is an excellent substitute.
Baking and Dessert Serving Dish tips
- The mug in which you microwave your cake should be similar to the diameter of the glass you will serve it in. As a result, it will make the assembly of your dessert easier.
Usinga mug that is smaller at the bottom and wider at the top would create in a cake with an uneven shape. As a result, it wouldn’t make 2 even discs when you cut it in half.
- When choosing the glass you would like to use to serve your keto tiramisu in, we would recommend a small glass, as this is a rich dessert you won’t need to fill a big glass. We used small drinking glasses we had in the cupboard and they worked perfectly.
Ingredients and substitutions
- This recipe calls for the use of hazelnut flour/meal. We love hazelnut flavors and they worked well in this keto tiramisu. Should you be unable to find hazelnut flour, you may substitute almond flour and obtain the same result.
- Get creative with your coffee flavors! We chose a hazelnut flavored instant coffee, but you could use any coffee flavor you prefer.
How to get the best results with your Keto Tiramisu sponge cake.
- Take into consideration that microwaves vary in power. For this reason, you should check your cake after one minute. If it doesn’t seem cooked, you will need to return it to the microwave for a little longer.
- Check your cake for doneness by inserting a skewer into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, it is ready. If there is batter on it, you will need to bake it a little longer.
- Be sure to grease your baking mug will with coconut oil butter or coconut oil. This will help to remove the cake from the mug.
- If the cake doesn’t just tip out, run a butter knife around the edge of it to loosen the sides.
Challenges with Keto Baking
This keto tiramisu recipe takes the traditional tiramisu and adapts it to make it keto friendly. One of the biggest difficulties when baking with keto
One of the best things about keto baking is it’s quite easy to substitute the sugar with sweeteners. We love to use an erythritol and stevia blend. Some of the best options are Swerve and Sukrin.
Keto Tiramisu for your Valentine Dessert for Two
Keto tiramisu is an excellent dessert to serve your special Valentine, or even just as a date night dinner. The silky smooth mascarpone filling paired with the soft and moist coffee cake is the perfect end to your special evening. Not only will you have a delicious dessert, but with it being low carb, you don’t need to worry about over-indulging on your ketogenic diet.
Below are more Keto Dessert for Two recipes you may like!
If you like this recipe please give it a 5 star rating!
- 4 tsp Instant Coffee (Hazelnut flavoured)
- 1 tsp Boiling Water
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Powdered Sweetener
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Hazelnut Meal/Flour
- 1 Egg
- A Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Brandy
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Powdered Sweetener
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- A Pinch of Salt
- Cocoa Powder
- In a small bowl, combine the instant coffee, boiling water and butter and stir until coffee has dissolved and the butter has melted.
- In another bowl combine the sweetener, coconut flour, baking powder salt, and hazelnut flour.
- Add the coffee mixture to the dry ingredients, then add egg and stir until mixture is completely combined.
- Grease a coffee mug with butter or coconut oil. Add the cake batter into the coffee mug. (You will want to make sure the coffee mug is a similar size to your serving glass)
- Place the coffee mug in the microwave and cook on high for 1 minute.
- Let the cake sit for 1-2 minutes and remove cake from mug by tipping the mug upside down onto a plate.
- Set cake aside to cool completely.
- Seperate the egg white from the yolk and place into 2 seperate bowls.
- Whisk the egg white until it form stiff peaks.
- In the other bowl, combine egg yolk, vanilla, sweetener and salt and whisk until pale in colour and thick in texture.
- Add mascarpone to the egg yolk mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add the whipped egg whites to the mixture and fold to combine. Be careful to not knock all the air out of the egg whites.
- Cut the cake in half. You should end up with 2 evenly sized discs.
- In your 2 serving glasses, place one quarter of the mascarpone mixture into each glass
- Place the cake discs into each glass on top of the mascarpone layer
- Pour half a teaspoon of brandy evenly onto each cake.
- Divide the remaining mascarpone filling evenly on top of each cake disc.
- Using a tea strainer, lightly dust some cocoa powder on top of each tiramisu to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 441 Total Fat: 40g Saturated Fat: 22g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 276mg Sodium: 394mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Protein: 10g