Strawberry Fluff Salad is a keto version of a sweet summertime fruit salad that is popular at picnics, potlucks, and reunions. This dessert-like recipe is high in fat and low in carbs. The chia seed is added to become the thickening agent for this delicious fruity pudding!
This fruit salad is perfect for portable lunches. Stored in individual containers, you can just grab and go! It made a great solution to Grumpy’s lunch box dilemma!
Why I made Strawberry Fluff Salad
When you are eating keto, it can be difficult at times to get enough fiber and fat in your diet. This is where chia seeds and heavy cream come into the picture! Chia is high in fiber and fat and basically negates the carb count. The heavy cream is high in fat and super delicious when whipped with a little sweetener.
Since we are now Keto, I decided that we had to have a go-to creamy, delicious fruit salad that we could enjoy whenever the urge hit us. Most fruit is out on Keto, but berries are definitely in. After eating a chia pudding one day, I started thinking about how I could make it fluffier! Not to mention add some extra fat to our diet.
What Chia Seeds are and why they are good for Keto
Chia is an edible seed that comes from a flowering plant. They can be black or
When eating low carb, your diet may lack in fiber. So this miracle seed is a perfect solution due to its high fiber and fat content. Just 1 serving of chia is 11 grams of fiber and 9 grams of fat!
Chia Seeds have 137 calories per two tablespoons. However, for the most part, calories on Keto do not count. When eating a high-fat low carb diet, you tend to feel less hungry and have fewer cravings. Therefore, you tend to eat less.
I highly recommend you don’t consume a large quantity of chia in any one day. Due to their high fiber content, they may cause digestive issues.
How to make Strawberry Fluff Salad
While it takes only 10 minutes to mix the salad, you will need to let it sit at least 8 hours, or overnight. You will then need about another 10 minutes to whip your cream and fold into the salad in the final step. 8 hours and 20 minutes.
Making your Strawberry Fluff Salad with Chia Seed and Whipped Cream.
- Measure or weigh your strawberries. I used 1 cup of whole strawberries which weighed in at 5.5 ounces.
- Chop the strawberries
Slice the strawberries and place them in a shallow bowl with 1 tablespoon of syrup. Chop with hand chopper to liquefy and mash berries.
- Add almond milk, syrup, and chia seed to mixing bowl.
Pour the almond milk and syrup to mixing bowl, then sprinkle chia seed over top of the almond milk. Stir to combine.
- Add mashed strawberries.
Add mashed strawberries and stir to combine well, until there are no clumps of chia seeds.
- Cover mixing bowl and refrigerate.
Place a lid or plastic wrap over the top of
chiapudding mixture in mixing bowl and place in refrigerator up to 8 hours.
- Preparing the heavy whipped cream.
Pour the heavy cream and syrup in the mixing bowl. Whip the cream using a hand
mixteruntil cream stiffens.
- Fold the heavy whipped cream into thickened chia mixture
Add the whipped cream to the chia pudding and fold to combine well. The salad mixture will be very light and fluffy.
- Add to serving jars and refrigerate until ready to consume.
You may need
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
What’s new? Check out my Grumpy’s Honeybunch Store on Amazon! Thanks so much for being a part of Grumpy’s Honeybunch!
The one ingredient I feel is essential in adding flavor to this recipe is the sugar-free almond-flavored syrup. The almond flavoring in the syrup compliments the strawberries and give it just the right amount of sweetness. This is my go-to syrup for recipes and sweetening my coffee!
You may also like
these other keto desserts!
Keto Chai Chia Pudding with Coconut Milk
A combination of my Keto Overnight Chia Pudding and my Keto Masala Chai, topped with pistachios and a couple of cheeky shavings of dark chocolate.Continue Reading
Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits
A light and healthy dessert, or even a holiday breakfast, with layers of fresh berries and a coconutty chia seed cream.Continue Reading
Strawberry Rhubarb Chia Pudding - Keto Recipe
Sugar Free Strawberry-Rhubarb sauce on the bottom is topped with a delicious Chia pudding.Continue Reading
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup white chia seeds
- 5 ounces strawberries
- 5 tablespoons Jordan's Skinny Syrup - almond flavored
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In large mixing bowl, combine almond milk, white chia seeds, and 2 tablespoons of Jordan's Skinny Syrup. Stir well to combine, making sure there are no clumps of chia seeds.
- Chop strawberries with 1 tablespoon of Jordan's Skinny Syrup. Add to chia mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover bowl with lid or plastic wrap and place chia mixture in in refrigerator to sit overnight (or at least 8 hours).
- After pudding has set, make heavy whipped cream. Add the heavy cream to a mixing bowl with 2 tablespoons Jordan's Skinny Syrup. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Fold heavy cream into chia pudding.
- Divide mixture between 6 individual serving sized jars.
- Place 1/2 strawberry on top of each pudding jar.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228 Total Fat: 20g Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 7g Protein: 5g