This Chipotle Burger is a keto burger recipe that is stuffed with Monterey Jack Cheese, glazed with a sugar-free barbecue sauce and given the finishing touch with some crispy shallots and fresh cilantro. Served on a keto slider bun, this recipe is a low carb sandwich you will enjoy often this summer!
We love our beef, but just a plain ole burger can get boring. That is why I decided to spice up our Keto life with this Chipotle Burger! Canned chipotle peppers, a sugar-free barbecue sauce, and Muenster Cheese gave this low carb burger some sweet and spicy flavors that are pretty darned hard to resist!
It doesn’t take a lot to make a keto burger recipe! To start, it’s made with beef. One of the best meats out there to eat on Keto! Add just a few ingredients to make it a great gourmet burger. And, it’s one you will want to make often!
Because I love cheese, I wanted cheese filled burger. So, I stuffed my keto chipotle burger with some Monterey Jack Cheese. After it was almost done grilling, I glazed it with a sugar free barbecue sauce for a little sweet touch. And, because I wanted it even cheesier, I topped it with more cheese! Because I also love to add some crunch to my meal, I added some crispy shallots for the finishing touch.
Keto Burger Recipe FAQ’s
Burgers are probably one of the best choices for the keto diet! A lot of people will skip the bun and eat the burger as a salad. However, keto approved buns make a great substitute if you feel the need for the burger roll.
I like to use the 80/20 ratio. This keeps your burger moist, and you still have a good amount of fat. If you need to still add fat to increase the keto fat intake, you can add it with toppings such as mayonnaise or cheese.
You can basically use whatever type of ground meat you like. Most meats are considered keto friendly. However, some are more than others. If you were to choose a leaner protein, think about adding something else like an avocado to your burger as a topping.
How to make a mouthwatering Chipotle Burger with Crispy Shallots
This juicy, slightly spicy burger is made with the Certified Angus Beef® brand 80/20 ground beef. It is filled with cheese and chipotle peppers. Small on ingredients and big on flavor! Giving you a gourmet burger feel.
It is delicious served up in a keto burger bun, or even use the grilled burger as a part of my Ultimate Burger Bowl!
You start by stirring in the chopped chipotles, cumin, salt and pepper. Then, you will mix with your hands until the burger mixture is just combined.
Once your burgers are shaped, you will want to get the shallots ready. Remove the skins and thinly slice the shallots and then add them to the skillet with some melted butter.
Cook, stirring often, until crispy and browned. Line a plate with a paper towel, and then remove the crispy shallots from skillet to drain.
Because I love a lot of cheese, I decided to stuff the chipotle burgers with some Monterey Jack cheese. Cut some squares about 1 x 2″ thick and place them in the center of the burger meat.
After you have the cheese in the center of the burger patty, you will shape the meat around the cheese and seal it inside.
Cook your burgers on a hot grill or in a grill pan on the stove top. About a minute before removing the Chipotle Burgers from the grill, brush them with some sugar free barbecue sauce on both sides.
Did I mention before that I love a lot of cheese? If your like me, you may want to add another slice of cheese before pulling the burgers off the grill!
Tips for the best Gourmet Keto Chipotle Burger!
- Use a good quality meat. Something with a good fat ratio, such as 80/20 or even 70/30.
- A great burger bun is a good part of making your burger delicious. If you are keto, these Keto Slider Buns are excellent. If your not keto, an artisan bun is best.
- Use a good balance of toppings. By balancing out your toppings and not going “over the top” (pun intended!), your making sure your burger is evenly balanced. You want flavor, and toppings. But, you also want balance and not so many things in or on the burger that you lose what you were trying to achieve!
What to serve with Chipotle Beef Burgers!
All good burgers go well with delicious side dishes! This recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Salad would be a great one to serve, and it also works as dessert if you feel the need! If you have non keto friends, they may be interested in a delicious Potato Salad!
A spicy, cheesy burger glazed with sugar-free barbecue sauce, topped with more cheese and crispy fried shallots. All sandwiched between a keto slider bun for a delicious gourmet burger right at home!
For the burgers:
- 1 lb 80/20 Certified Angus Beef® brand ground beef
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 oz Cabot Monterey Jack Cheese
For the topping:
- 2 large shallots (approximately 2 cups) sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
Remaining ingredients (Optional)
- With your hands, Mix 1 lb ground beef, 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper until just combined. Be careful to not over mix.
- Divide meat into 4 equal pieces and shape into a ball, then slightly flatten. Place a piece of Monterey Jack Cheese in center of meat, then shape into a burger, enclosing the cheese in the center of burger.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in hot skillet until bubbly.
- Add sliced shallots and cook over medium high heat until crispy and browned . Watch carefully so they do not burn and stir often.
- Remove shallots from skillet and place on paper towel to drain. Set aside.
- Place burgers on hot grill or griddle pan and cook
Nutrition information is for the burger only and shallots only.
Serving Size:1 burger
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 524mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 15g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.