This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MargheritaItalianMeats #CollectiveBias
A delicious Salami Pizza is baked to perfection with a cheese and egg pizza crust. Then it is topped with more cheese and Margherita® Hard Salami. The finished product is drizzled with a little chili oil and sugar-free honey or maple syrup, offering up a sweet heat pizza treat. It is an easy keto friendly pizza recipe with only 3.5 grams of carbs per serving!
Maybe you are entertaining guests who may be living the low carb, keto diet, or you just want to make pizza for yourself at home. In either case, this Salami Pizza with Garlic and Chili Oil is sure to win hearts over!
The combination of sweet heat on a cheese-based crust is so delicious! And, the Margherita Hard Salami and sugar-free maple drizzle combination are addicting. You will be looking to make this pizza recipe for all your pizza dates!
MY INSPIRATION FOR SALAMI PIZZA
A couple of years ago I went to New York City with my aunt to visit my cousin and to go to a Broadway show. After the show, he took us to this restaurant that had pizza on the menu. All of the selections sounded delicious. But, the one that really caught my eye was a pizza topped with smoked sausage, chili oil, and honey drizzle.
The salami pizza I ate that evening had a nice mix of smoky meat and garlic flavors. The drizzle of honey and chili oil was absolutely delicious. I have thought about that pizza many times and always knew I would one day recreate it at home.
THE BEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
We are huge fans of salami and pepperoni. As a matter of fact, I have to hide my purchases from Grumpy whenever I buy something I intend to use in a recipe. If I don’t, I may go to the fridge only to find out I don’t have enough!
I made a trip to Price Chopper to buy some high-quality dry sausage for my recipe. I wanted to recreate the salami pizza recipe. The difference was, I would make a keto pizza instead. I come home with a few packages of Margherita Hard Salami as well as their pepperoni slices. The Salami Pizza was going to include a side cheese and pepperoni spread!
I brought home extras of the Margherita Hard Salami and Pepperoni because it is perfect for snacking and entertaining, as well as incorporating into my everyday recipes. There are many nights when our evening meal is just a snack with meat and cheese!
HOW I MADE A PIZZA CRUST WITH JUST EGG AND CHEESE!
If you’re following a low carb diet, then I’m pretty sure you have seen the new chaffle sensation. What’s a chaffle? It’s just egg and shredded cheese combined and then cooked in a mini waffle iron. There is no almond flour or coconut flour in the recipe. People are making everything from chaffle sandwiches to keto pizza chaffle recipes.
I started thinking if people are making a chaffle pizza in a waffle maker to cook, I wonder how it would work to just bake it in the oven? So, I gave it a try, and instead of making a chaffle, I spread the entire crust layer onto parchment paper and baked it!
MAKE THIS SALAMI PIZZA YOUR WAY!
- If your not keto, make a pizza dough recipe and top it with the same toppings! Feel free to use regular honey or syrup for the drizzle and add a little pineapple for another sweet contrast.
- Remove the Italian Seasoning in the cheese and egg dough and give it a different flavor. Try cajun or garlic and onion powder to change it up a little.
- Top it with both Margherita Hard Salami and Pepperoni!
- Leave off the pizza sauce and instead, use a homemade salsa (low carb).
- Go ahead and make cheese waffles instead of a full-sized pizza crust and set up a chaffle bar where your family can make their own mini salami pizzas!
- Leave out the spicy flavors by omitting the chili oil and jalapeno and top it with Margherita Hard Salami, mushrooms, and olives.
- Or, top it with both hard salami and pepperoni for an extra meaty pizza recipe!
*If you made this recipe, please leave a star rating*
A cheese and egg pizza crust works magic for a keto friendly pizza topped with salami, garlic, chili oil, and sugar free syrup drizzle.
- 4 large Eggs
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Margherita® Hard Salami
- 1/3 cup low carb pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons red onion slices
- Jalapeno slices, optional
- 1 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chili oil (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In add 4 eggs to a large mixing bowl and whisk until foamy. Stir in 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning.
- Spread out egg and cheese mixture on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until crust is lightly brown and firm.
- Remove cheese crust from oven and spread pizza sauce over top.
- Top the sauce with remaining cup of shredded cheese, hard salami, red onion, jalapeno, and garlic slices.
- Return pizza to the oven and bake another 10 minutes, or until the cheese on top has melted.
- Drizzle hot pizza with 1 tablespoon of sugar-free honey or maple syrup and chili oil if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 20.34gSaturated Fat: 9.582gCholesterol: 197mgSodium: 786mgCarbohydrates: 5.88gNet Carbohydrates: 3.48gFiber: 2.4gSugar: .57gProtein: 21.27g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.