This Air Fryer Roast Beef is guaranteed to give you a delicious, medium rare roast beef in just over an hour. A delicious crust develops on the outside of the roast while the inside remains moist and delicious. From now on, you can have a perfectly cooked roast beef any day of the week with little effort. Bonus that it is naturally low carb and keto-friendly!
My main method of making a roast been has been either in the oven or a slow cooker. Until now. I just consumed the most delicious Roast Beef made in the air fryer, and the best part is I didn’t have to do a ton of work, and I had very little mess afterward!
Why you should make Roast Beef in the Air Fryer
If you have been looking for a no-fail way to make the perfect roast beef, then you are done looking! Ever since I tried this Maple Glazed Pork Loin in the Air Fryer, I knew I had to try a roast beef. I don’t know why I waited almost a whole year to do it, but now that I have, I will be making this over and over again!
This Air Fryer roast is the juiciest, most tender, and flavorful roast beef I have ever eaten! It was as adding a light coating of oil on the roast, then giving it a rub down with some dried herbs. The rest of the magic happened right in the air fryer!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links.
What you need to make this recipe
Beef: You want a tender cut of beef for roasting. Go for tenderloin, top round, or a ribeye roast. The size will depend on the air fryer. I made a 2-pound roast beef in mine.
Air Fryer: I have a 3-quart size fryer. I love it so much that I will probably go bigger soon. The brand I started with is no longer available, but I bought my son and brother in law this one for Christmas and they both love it!
Meat Thermometer: I always recommend using a meat thermometer when cooking meat. I love the instant-read digital thermometer.
Spices: I used a blend of my favorite spices to coat this roast. Garlic powder, onion salt, parsley, thyme, basil, salt, and pepper.
Oil: I used olive oil to coat the roast beef before putting the rub-on. This was to give it a little more fat and help the rub to stick and seep into the meat.
- Line your air fryer basket with foil to catch drippings and minimize clean up.
- Spray the fryer basket with cooking spray to ease the clean up of the basket.
- Preheat your air fryer on 390 for 15 minutes before putting the roast in.
- Air fry the roast at 390 for 15 minutes, then turn the heat down to 360 for the remainder of cook time. This is the “searing” process that will seal the juices.
- Roast the beef for 20 minutes per pound (for rare) or 25 minutes per pound (for medium-rare), checking the temperature of the meat periodically.
- Be sure you allow the roast to rest at least 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
What to serve with this dinner roast
A natural side to roast beef is the potato. We love this recipe for Mashed Potatoes with Garlic and Chives. It is the only recipe I ever make for mashed.
Since this Roast Beef is naturally low carb, if you are following a low carb keto diet, then this Garlic Mashed Cauliflower with Browned Butter is the BEST!
*If you made this recipe, please give it a star rating*
- 2-pound beef roast
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the air fryer for 15 minutes at 390 degrees.
- Combine the garlic powder, onion salt, parsley, thyme, and basil. Rub the herb mixture over the entire roast.
- Place the roast in pre-heated air fryer. Set timer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the basket and turn the roast over.
- Reduce the temperature to 360 degrees on the air fryer and return the roast. Cook for another 60 minutes, or until thermometer reaches desired degree of doneness.
- Let roast rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 5.5g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 136mg Carbohydrates: 1g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 69g