Honey Garlic Pork Chops are a perfect dinner recipe for two. The savory garlic, sweet honey, and red pepper flakes make this a pork chop recipe that is hard to resist. Made in a cast-iron skillet, it is a great go-to dinner that you and your family will love. This recipe is Paleo friendly with a keto option.
Honey Garlic Pork Chops are a delicious recipe for two that goes great with a side of Sweet Potato Shoestring Fries. The pork chops are ready in under 30 minutes and they are a great recipe for your dinner tonight!
A delicious recipe for two in under 30 minutes
I know all too well how it feels to come home from work and have to cook dinner. I did it almost all of my life and it was something I would sometimes struggle with. Especially after we became empty-nesters. Having to downsize recipes was sometimes more difficult than just making a recipe that would serve 4 or more people.
I have perfected my ability to make recipes for two over the last 15 years. This Honey Garlic Pork Chop recipe was a very easy one to do. Small batch recipes give delicious food that doesn’t go to waste as well as variety in your meals.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links.
What you need to make this recipe
Pork Chops: You can use either bone-in or boneless pork chops. This pork is some of the best pork to cook with and is my go-to brand.
Garlic Powder and Fresh Minced Garlic: That is not a typo. The pork chops are seasoned with garlic powder and the fresh garlic goes in the sauce. The garlic is not overpowering as you may think.
Honey: I love to use raw honey. It is high in antioxidants and it helps fight infections. The honey in this recipe cooks down with the ghee and garlic and makes a sticky-sweet sauce with that garlic and red pepper punch.
Cast Iron Skillet: I highly recommend using cast iron. It is non stick and heats evenly and is the most durable piece of kitchen equipment to own. I love how the pork chops brown evenly and crisp up in this skillet.
Tips for the best juiciest Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Use a heavy bottom skillet. Cast Iron is best.
- Preheat the skillet and sure it is hot enough to sear and brown the pork chops.
- Use the olive oil to brown the pork chops. The ghee is for the sauce, it will not work as well as the olive oil for browning.
- The pork is cooked through when it reaches a temperature of 145 degrees. Be sure to use a meat thermometer to check the level of doneness.
- Pay attention to the cooking time and don’t overcook the pork chops. Doing so may cause a dry piece of meat.
Make this a low carb pork chop recipe
This is a recipe very easy to adapt to make it keto-friendly.
- Be sure the rice vinegar is unseasoned or use apple cider vinegar. Read the label. Some seasoned rice vinegar will have sugars in it.
- Substitute the honey for a keto-friendly honey substitute, or sugar-free maple syrup.
Make this recipe your way
- Add a squirt of sriracha sauce to the honey sauce instead of red pepper flakes.
- Stir in some mustard for a honey mustard garlic sauce
- Roast some brussels sprouts in the oven while the pork chops are cooking. Then, toss them with the sauce in the pan before serving.
- Use pure maple syrup in place of the honey.
- Mix together the ghee, garlic, honey, broth, and red pepper flakes. Then, cut the pork in strips and stir fry. Once the pork is cooked, stir in the honey garlic sauce and simmer for a few minutes. The sauce will reduce and thicken and give you a taste in every piece of pork.
What to serve with these Honey Garlic Pork Chops
Garlic Mashed Cauliflower is one of the BEST veggie recipes. Everyone I have made this dish for loves it and they are a perfect side dish to these pork chops.
These Homemade Mashed Potatoes are the best mashed potato recipe ever. People are amazed at the ingredient that makes them taste so delicious.
Roasted Acorn Squash is a warm winter squash recipe that is flavored with maple syrup and crispy fried sage.
For a cold salad side dish that is also keto-friendly, try this Broccoli Salad with Jalapeno and Bacon.
This Homemade Coleslaw is also keto-friendly and so creamy and delicious. It is perfect to accompany these Honey Garlic Pork Chops!
If you love Pork Chop Recipes, then you may like these recipes!
Cilantro Lime Grilled Pork Chops are a keto recipe that is full of delicious citrusy flavors.
Another skillet pork chop recipe is this Skillet Pork Chop with Apples and Onions. It brings some of the best flavors of fall to the dinner table.
These Smothered Pork Chops are comfort food at it’s best.
These Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops is a whole dinner in one skillet and ready in just under 30 minutes.
Pork with Ginger Maple Sauce is another Paleo and Keto friendly recipe that is a delicious blend of spicy and sweet.
Pork Chops with Onions are simmered in a barbecue sauce mixture for a delicious, juicy pork chop.
*If you made this recipe for Honey Garlic Pork Chops, please give it a star rating*
This Paleo-Friendly Recipe for Honey Glazed Pork Chops is a combination of sweet and spicy heat on a juicy delicious pork chop.
- 2 center-cut Pork Chops
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons ghee
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1-2 pinches red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Season the pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
Sear the pork chops on both sides 4 minutes, or until golden. Transfer the pork chops to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the ghee to the same pan, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add the honey or sugar-free maple syrup, water, red pepper flakes, and vinegar. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Return the pork chops back into the pan and baste with the honey sauce.
- Place the pork chops in the oven and broil for 1 minute, or until edges are slightly charred.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro if using.
If using sugar free maple syrup (keto approved) carbs = 4 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 490 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 149mg Sodium: 144mg Carbohydrates: 20g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 17g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 41g