These Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies are a low carb keto cookie recipe full of chocolate flavor and sugar-free chocolate chips. When that cookie craving hits, these cookies will satisfy without guilt.
These lightly sweet Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies make a delicious snack with only 1 net carb per cookie. Keto-friendly, grain, and sugar-free, these make a great addition to lunch boxes or for an afternoon tea.
Cookies that are easily adapted to fit your diet
While we don’t have the biggest sweet tooth in the family, we do have one that hits. I created these keto Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies to help us when we had a craving for something a little sweet.
This recipe can easily be adapted for a regular diet also by using powdered sugar and regular chocolate chips. Making this a grain-free recipe still, but not necessarily sugar-free. Whichever way you prefer, or need to make the recipe, it will work either way.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links.
What you need to make these Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies
Butter: I used unsalted butter. Melted coconut oil would be a good substitute if you cannot eat dairy.
Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips: I used dark chocolate in the cookie dough and mint white chocolate chips stirred into the cookie itself. Feel free to use any flavor combination you like. (Clicking this link and using the code grumpyshoneybunch when ordering will give you 10% off your order)
Mint Extract: This is added to the cookie dough to boost the mint flavor.
Powdered Sweetener: I went with this powdered sweetener because I feel it has the best texture in the cookie.
Almond Flour: Use a finely ground almond flour. I highly recommend this one.
Cocoa Powder: I used regular cocoa powder, however, dark or dutch cocoa can be used also.
Baking Sheet: Use a baking sheet that will fit a dozen cookies on it comfortably.
Parchment Paper: I always use parchment paper when baking cakes and cookies. It helps prevent the cookies from sticking to the baking sheet.
Tips for a successful recipe
- Do not substitute coconut flour for the almond flour. It will not work in this recipe.
- Flatten the cookies with a silicone spatula after they are on the cookie sheet. If the dough sticks to the spatula, spray the spatula with some cooking spray.
- If you decide to not flatten the cookies, they will need to cook for a couple of minutes more. The cookies will not flatten on their own, so if you want flat cookies, follow the step to flatten them.
Variations to this keto chocolate chip cookies recipe
- Substitute 3 tablespoons of all-natural peanut butter for the 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips.
- Substitute vanilla extract for the peppermint extract.
- Add 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts to the cookie dough.
- Use vanilla extract and milk chocolate chips and add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon to the almond flour mixture.
Other Low Carb Keto Cookie Recipes you may like
Low Carb Lemon Curd Thumbprints are great springtime cookies with bright citrus flavors.
Strawberry Rhubarb Thumbprints are a keto cookie with only 2 net carbs and 2 cookies per serving!
Keto Cannoli Cookie Cups are a low carb cookie for those who miss the cannoli.
*If you made these Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies, please give them a star rating*
Double chocolate cookies with minty white chocolate chips are a delicious sugar-free, grain-free recipe for your snacking pleasure.
Amount Per Serving Calories 154Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 8mgSodium 14mgCarbohydrates 9gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 5gSugar 0gSugar Alcohols 3gProtein 3g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.