These Keto Buckeyes are an easy no-bake recipe that is low carb, sugar-free, and a perfect fat bomb to help boost the fats for your Keto Diet! They are so delicious, even your non-keto friends and family will love them.
This Keto Buckeye recipe is sure to satisfy the sweet tooth adding good fats to your diet without the guilt. All-natural peanut butter is sweetened with monkfruit and dipped in a sugar-free chocolate coating making a delicious keto fat bomb recipe you will go to time and again.
The need for Fat Bombs in the diet
If you are following the keto diet, then you probably are aware that this is a high-fat diet. Eating healthy fats at a higher ratio to protein and very low in carbohydrates. Sometimes, getting the fat you need in the diet can be difficult. This is where these Keto Buckeyes come in handy.
Keto Buckeyes an are all-natural candy made with 5 ingredients. The peanut butter filling is sweetened with monkfruit and vanilla. Then, after shaping and refrigeration, the buckeyes are dipped in sugar-free melted chocolate.
Ingredients in this Keto Buckeye Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links.
Powdered Sweetener: My choice of powdered sweetener is monkfruit. This is my go-to brand for powdered sweeteners.
Dark Chocolate Chips: Be sure you are using sugar-free chocolate to dip. I don’t recommend unsweetened chocolate as it would be too bitter. I love this brand.
Coconut Oil: This is used to help smooth out the chocolate chips and aid in coating the keto buckeyes evenly with chocolate.
Other items needed to make this recipe
Cookie Sheet: The keto buckeyes will be placed on a foil-lined cookie sheet and placed in the freezer to firm up before dipping in the chocolate.
Aluminum Foil: You need aluminum foil to line the cookie sheet. It will prevent the peanut butter balls from sticking to the sheet.
Cookie Scoop: I use a tablespoon-sized cookie scoop to portion the keto buckeye balls into a consistent shape. You can use a regular tablespoon if desired. I find a cookie scoop makes it easier.
Tips for making Keto Buckeyes
When making these Keto Buckeyes, keep these few tips in mind:
- Be sure the peanut butter you use is mixed together well and is creamy. If you find you have a hard time getting the peanut butter smooth, microwave it for 30 seconds or until you can smooth it out.
- Sift the powdered sweetener before measuring if you don’t want lumps of sugar in your keto buckeyes.
- Chill the peanut butter balls before dipping. This will firm the buckeye and make it easier to dip.
- Use a chocolate dipping tool when coating the buckeyes with chocolate.
- Microwave the chocolate and coconut oil in intervals to prevent seizing. Mine melted in two 30-second intervals. The chocolate does not have to be fully melted when you remove it from the microwave. It will continue to melt as it is stirred.
- It is important to use the specific brand of sweetener in the peanut butter mixture. This is a 2:1 Confectioner’s Sugar Replacement. You use less of the sweetener with this particular brand.
Make these Keto Buckeyes your way
- Dip them in sugar-free milk chocolate or sugar-free white chocolate
- Sprinkle the chocolate with nuts after dipping
- Use almond butter instead of peanut butter (this does lower the carb count some).
Can you make these buckeyes with regular confectioner’s sugar?
Yes. These keto buckeyes can be made a regular recipe by substituting the powdered monkfruit with regular confectioners sugar.
Use 2-1/2 cups of regular confectioners sugar in place of the monkfruit. Adjust the amount of confectioners sugar to make the dough stiff if needed. You should be able to form the buckeye into a ball easily.
You can also use regular chocolate chips to coat the buckeyes. Just melt as directed with the coconut oil in step 4.
Other Keto Fat Bomb Recipes you may like
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bomb is like the best no-bake cookie ever. You won’t miss those no-bake cookies with this recipe.
Matcha Cheesecake Fat Bombs are a cream cheese-based treat full of delicious flavors. They store well in the fridge and are a nice change from chocolate.
Strawberry Fluff Salad is super tasty with fresh berries, cream, and white chia seeds. It is a delicious fat bomb and can be eaten as a snack or dessert. I have even eaten this for breakfast!
Keto No-Bake Cheesecake is creamy, sweet, and delicious. There is literally no baking involved and everyone will love this version!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake is an ice cream cake fat bomb that is so delicious you will not even realize it is sugar-free! This makes an incredible birthday cake!
*If you made this Keto Buckeye Recipe, please give it a star rating*
Delicious sugar-free and perfect for the keto diet. Keto Buckeyes are a great fat bomb snack to kill cravings and boost good fats.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter and melted butter. Add the powdered sweetener and mix well. The peanut butter mixture will be stiff.
- Using a 1 tablespoon-sized cookie scoop, scoop the peanut butter mixture and shape into balls. Place on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Once all peanut butter balls have been made, place them in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- When ready to dip into the chocolate, place the sugar-free chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the coconut oil. Microwave in for 1 minute, in 30-second increments until chocolate is melted.
- Dip each ball into the chocolate, leaving the top portion of the peanut butter ball uncoated, forming the buckeye. Return to the cookie sheet and repeat until all buckeyes are coated in chocolate.
- Place the buckeyes back in the fridge to chill until chocolate has hardened. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge or freezer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 1gCarbohydrates: 11gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 6gSugar Alcohols: 3gProtein: 3g