This Cabbage and Kielbasa Skillet Recipe is fried smoky polish sausage and cabbage in a combination of butter and oil. The browned meat and cabbage brings incredible flavor that is accented with paprika, onion, and garlic.
Cabbage and Kielbasa is perfect for weeknight dinner. It is quick and easy to put on the table and clean up is minimal for this one pot skillet recipe.
For the love of Cabbage and Polish Sausage
We are huge fans of cabbage. We love it in Homemade Coleslaw, Cabbage Rolls, and Cabbage Noodles. It doesn’t matter if it is raw or cooked, cabbage not only tastes great, but is good for you. It is packed with Vitamin C, is a great source of Vitamin K, and is great for digestion.
The browned bits of cabbage and kielbasa add a ton of flavor. There isn’t much room to improve on with this recipe. It is fast, easy, and delicious comfort food.
What you need to make this Cabbage and Kielbasa Skillet recipe
Butter: Salted or Unsalted works here. If you use salted, be sure to adjust the amount of added salt.
Olive Oil: This is added with the butter and helps to keep the butter from burning.
- Cut the cabbage and onions and slice the kielbasa ahead of time to save time during meal prep.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of red wine to deglaze the skillet after removing the kielbasa from the skillet.
- Cover the cabbage to allow it to steam cook faster, stirring intermittenly.
Make this recipe your way
- Swap some of the red cabbage out for the green cabbage
- Stir in some cooked egg noodles to the cooked kielbasa and cabbage in skillet
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes in with the smoked paprika.
- Swap sliced hot dogs for the kielbasa.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons of caraway seeds with the cabbage.
- Stir in 1 large diced baked potato with the kielbasa. Remove with the kielbasa when ready to cook the cabbage.
- Add 1 (15 oz) can stew tomatoes to the cabbage mixture.
More Skillet Recipes you may like
Skillet Baked Oatmeal is a delicious breakfast baked with fresh strawberries
Skillet Cod with Cilantro Lime Butter is a quick and easy fish recipe packed with flavor.
Honey Garlic Pork Chops pack a ton of savory and sweet flavors in one dish.
Potato Kielbasa Skillet Recipe is a satisfying comfort food recipe you will keep going back for!
Eggroll in a Bowl with Ground Venison is my take on the popular keto dish.
*If you made this Cabbage and Kielbasa Skillet Recipe, please give it a star rating*
Caramelized cabbage and kielbasa brings a ton of flavor to the dinner table in just one dish!
- 16 ounces smoked beef kielbasa, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium green cabbage sliced thin, core removed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the kielbasa and cook for 10 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat and remove the kielbasa from the pan. Set aside. Add the butter and onion to the pan. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cabbage to the pan and cook uncovered for 10 minutes, or until the cabbage is cooked, stirring fairly often.
- Stir in the paprika, salt, and pepper. Return the sausage to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, or until the sausage is heated through. Season with salt and pepper (if using).
Amount Per Serving Calories 307Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 60mgSodium 870mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 10g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.