These Keto Pigs in a Blanket are tiny cocktail franks wrapped in a fat head dough made with almond flour, mozzarella cheese, and cream cheese. They are then sprinkled with everything bagel seasoning, and baked until golden brown perfection! These little appetizer hot dogs are Grumpy and Kid-Friendly!
I love to make these Keto Pigs in a Blanket to enjoy as an appetizer for any type of gathering. They are especially fun for tailgating but we also will make a meal of appetizers, including these pigs in a blanket!
A keto version of an appetizer favorite
Grumpy loves the regular recipe for pigs in a blanket made with the crescent roll dough. Because of this, I wanted to make something similar that would work for the keto diet. They still be tasty enough so my picky eater would not complain I had ruined his favorite pre-keto food!
I used a low carb pizza crust recipe and cut it in strips to wrap around the cocktail franks. Then I sprinkled them with some Everything Bagel Seasoning before baking.
My picky eater enjoyed these keto pigs in a blanket, and it is a Grumpy approved keto appetizer recipe!
What you need to make this appetizer recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links.
Cocktail Franks: I like to buy the beef cocktail franks. I think they have better flavor, but choose whichever ones you like.
Silpat mat or parchment paper
Pizza Cutter to cut the dough into strips
Make this recipe your own
- Use your favorite cheese in the pizza dough. Any semi soft cheese will work. Pepper jack, swiss, and cheddar are a few ideas.
- Sprinkle the top of the pigs in a blanket with sesame seeds instead of the everything bagel seasoning
- Make it a main meal and wrap the dough around regular sized hotdogs to bake.
- Spread the dough with a spicy mustard before wrapping around the cocktail frank.
What to dip your Keto Pigs in a Blanket in
Roasted Strawberry Chipotle Sauce is a sugar free recipe. Be sure to use keto friendly sweeteners if you make this for dipping.
A good spicy mustard that is sugar-free!
This Zero Carb Dr. Pepper Glaze makes a great dipping sauce also!
Other Keto Friendly Appetizers you may enjoy
Low Carb Barbecue Beef Spirals is for the keto vegetarian made with a beef meat substitute.
Beef Fingers cooked on a Himalayan Salt Block is super simple. You only need beef and a salt block!
Keto Cheese Puffs have an amazing sweet black pepper bacon sprinkled throughout.
Pastry Wrapped Cheesy Cocktail Franks are similar to these pigs in a blanket but have cheese in the franks and a different type of cheese in the dough.
*If you made these Keto Pigs in a Blanket, please give them a star rating*
Delicious bites of beef franks wrapped in a keto pastry dough and baked with everything but the bagel seasoning sprinkled on top!
- Low Carb Pizza Crust
- 2 (12 ounce) packages cocktail franks
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Make and roll out keto pizza dough as directed. Using a pizza cutter, cut the pizza dough into strips.
- Wrap a strip of keto pizza dough around the cocktail frank.
- Place on a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Whisk egg white until foamy. Brush the top of each pig in a blanket with egg white.
- Sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite keto friendly dipping sauce.
Be sure the cocktail franks you choose are gluten free.
Serving Size5 franks
Amount Per Serving Calories 27Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 2mgSodium 87mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 1g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.